Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the time I went to bed last night till I got up was over a 100 pages long.

I read cliff notes and seems Gruden has denied any intrest in the coaching position at Tennessee.

What's the over all take on this?

I know how Saban and urban played it but I put Gruden as a better class person then either of theses two.

So what did I miss???

Thanks

Plausable Deniability

I now believe! The M&M segment was very telling IMO.We have heard many coaches in the past with the same frustration over these types of questions this close to a new job.I want to believe the "insiders",but they were 100% on Gruden before the Kiffen hire too!But like I said,the M&M segment convinced me it is going to happen!! Go Vols

the response from tennessee:

"we will not comment. We are not discussing the dynamics of the search till the search is over." -- jimmy stanton, associate director of communications

tennessee is clearly not interested and not going to put any gruden rumors to bed so they will continue throughout this coaching search.

interesting.

Pretty sure the rumor that Hart is "out of the office" today and tomorrow to sit down in person with a certain coach and his agent is dead on. Whether they are finalizing or negotiating I have no idea. My money is on finalizing and heading back with an extra passenger or two for a Friday announcement. Absolutely lines up with more than 90% of what I have heard.

It would be nice if they were finalizing the whole staff and just go with a full roll out in a presser. They end it with them announcing the whole crew is heading out on the road to begin recruiting. It could be the 'holdup' really is just working out the details on the rest of the staff - waiting for the decisions of everyone else.

That was a very weak @ss denial on Mike and Mike! "Ugh no there isn't. I should probably tell my wife that because it does involve her and my kids." That implies the wife thinks there is something to it, who I'm sure was listening to the interview. To me, I heard "Can't announce it now and I had better mention my wife so she doesn't think I've changed my mind."

It was a weak line of questioning-as if their producer was telling them not to press the issue. The report came out, and was even linked to on PFT, so to be taken seriously at all as "journalists" they had to ask something, and they did it in the weakest way possible, let him off the hook, and asked nothing else.

Reactions: 1 person
In that interview, Gruden said he planned on being at MNF a long time. However, he is on record saying he is eager to coach again (last spring interview on 990 is one example). That nugget right there causes me to doubt his denial.

"Long time" is relative. Coach Again is not.

I whole-heartedly agree with this from TB:
And one other thought for you. If it's not Jon Gruden, Tennessee needs to come out and say that the Gruden stuff is not going to happen. All Gruden did today was feed the fire. All Tennessee is doing by not saying that Gruden isn't coming is feed the fire. So, I'm inclined that as of right now the Jon Gruden to Tennessee thing is VERY MUCH ALIVE as I type this. There's simply NO OTHER CONCLUSION TO DRAW.

From reading the transcript, it would appear to me that there is a great chance Gruden is going to be the coach. There was no denial there at all. He skirted the question entirely and was the perfect time to lay any grumours to rest.

Do you agree that Jon seemed unprepared for the question?

At this point, any leak to any outlet is calculated. All the participants will control the information flow for as long as they are able. So no. I don't agree. Especially based on what I was told yesterday afternoon.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee's non-response is as close to a declaration of Gruden as we could get - it's even better than the denial on M&M.

Once again, this Gruden train is running downhill, picking up momentum, and bringing more fans on board with every passing minute.

Gruden has NEVER been this popular on the search engines per google trends.

If Tennessee doesn't have a good case with Gruden, we made a really poor hire with Hart. Not because he couldn't get Gruden, but because he's already doomed the next coach.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back