Official Jon Gruden Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all that time spent...you could get your own damn sources.

I think you are a bright guy and I enjoy the back and forth...I had a fun run in with you when you were defending Dooley's record.

Maybe if you weren't so smug you would get better results. Instead you insult while you're asking for info. You want to tell me what I don't really know while you are trying to find out what I do know. It is fun for a while, but it does get tiresome.

Well said Lex.

Reactions: 3 people
What makes it important also makes it dangerous and destabilizing. What if we don't get Gruden? The fan base would go nuts and there doesn't seem to be any other coach who could come in and have the unflagging fan support. One of the stronger selling points of the UT brand is our fanbase, I just think that is also a huge draw back. We tend to eat our own.

It would be dangerous for those of us on this board perhaps if Gruden doesn't come HA! but how many fans outside of this thread really believe he will come here? I think we would just see an "oh, well" and same old apathy.

Call me naive but I think that most of the dozens of people on here who post "inside" information probably wholeheartedly believe every single word they are posting. I think that those who post false information knowingly, are in the minority.

That is what makes this even harder for me is knowing that so many people actually believe every single word that they type. It is hard to interrogate a person like that because they don't mean any harm, even if their story makes absolutely no sense. And pressing these people for more information usually leaves them insulted and backing off.

Trying to find "good" information here is like panning for gold. Odds are you won't find any, but you got to spend a few hours believing you are about to strike it rich.

EDIT: I don't mean to offend the "insiders". I believe some of you truly are.

Good post

If he is fired after Vandy it will mean one of two things imo: either Gruden's timeline will be earlier than expected or Gruden is not the name for UT. And I hope full sail that it is the first of the two...

Actually, it fits the timeline you guys/gals have been laying out there perfectly. Everyone says there needs to be a couple of weeks between firing and hiring the new guy. If we lose to Vandy, Dooley has to go. Chaney can step in as interim for a week and beat Kentucky. Meanwhile, they can do the whole coaching search charade and then announce the selection anytime after that game.

One comment later someone says...

I think I have said this before. This is a done deal. Just waiting on an announcement date. Nothing else to report honestly. I have said about all I can say.

PATIENCE

GRUDEN

lol

Chris Mortensen thinks they be dumb.

Reactions: 2 people
I actually tried to use what would be my one source this week. Either he doesn't know anything or he wasn't going to share with me!

That's interesting

Says he thinks Gruden is a hard get..... but convienced the only one we are after, and only one who could help us dig outa this hole we are in.

He told me three weeks before bout Kiffin hiring, but nothing on Dooley... soooo ...you now how it goes

anyway.....Thanks for your information :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone remember who broke "He who shall not be named" to USC on this board? I would trust information from that person since it was posted here well before it happened and it was legit.

With all that time spent...you could get your own damn sources.

I think you are a bright guy and I enjoy the back and forth...I had a fun run in with you when you were defending Dooley's record.

Maybe if you weren't so smug you would get better results. Instead you insult while you're asking for info. You want to tell me what I don't really know while you are trying to find out what I do know. It is fun for a while, but it does get tiresome.

I enjoy a good back and forth, I do. The thing about a good debate is that it should never end with anyone's feelings getting hurt nor should it turn personal. I have tried to avoid that as much as possible.

I haven't intended to insult you, and I mean that with all sincerity. I truly don't understand why anyone gets so prickly when they post information anonymously on a message board and wonder why people might not believe them or prod for more information.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I enjoy a good back and forth, I do. The thing about a good debate is that it should never end with anyone's feelings getting hurt nor should it turn personal. I have tried to avoid that as much as possible.

I haven't intended to insult you, and I mean that with all sincerity. I truly don't understand why anyone gets so prickly when they post information anonymously on a message board and wonder why people might not believe them or prod for more information.

It isn't the process...it your method. I don't have feelings attached to any of this.

From Grudenville...

I'm a Redskins fan and have followed @HTTR24_7 in the past and this guy has sources inside the Redskins!

Someone prior to that post said they're happy about it because it's more smoke.

Why would you be happy that the guy thinks Gruden is going after Morris to go to Tennessee? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back