Official Jon Gruden Thread 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I believe the post that said Currie was not going to do or say anything until after the season to let the seniors have their time and to keep it about football while football is being played not about coaches. However, IF we lose today would the process be sped up? No bowl game to play for in the last game. I think the guys are going to come out and play inspired football in front of the home crowd and put a whoopin on them tigers tonight.

Did you say 'inspired football'?? Butch, is that you?!

If not Gruden then for me in order:

1. Petersen
2. Patterson
3. Franklin
4. Gundy

5. Mullen
6. Pray we don't get to this point

I would probably rather have some on this list than Gruden but Jon can heal so many wounds here, and his upside is enormous.

was talking about this in another thread, and i think most would agree with that list; you could maybe pick and chose a name or two and debate it, but to your point...

i think most reasonable people understand Mullen is not, and should not, be #1 on any list (i do, and i've been defending him like he's my #1 for 3 days). i also think that of those names in your top 4, all 4 are likely to not be all that realistic, and maybe not get past the "guage interest" phase....so just for argument's sake, say that's what happens, and you're down to the Mullen, frost brohm, morris, norvell etc...group....who do you want?

of course, if you can get 1 of those 4 in your list, you get him. yes. no argument. i just don't think any of those are realistic..not....that i wouldnt take them.

so for me, if you get to that group (and i just happen to think that's where this goes), it's mullen or frost for me.

It's gameday! No matter who is coaching, who is the QB, who we are playing, I am stepping away from all of the negative today and my focus is on the men wearing the power T. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, his son had cancer as a child, but is completely recovered and done with treatment. That's not a limitation anymore.

If we couldn't have Gruden, I would want Petersen/Patterson as 2a 2b. No question about it.

Get out! You spelled Petersen correctly... Can't have that 🤣🤣

I don't understand people's hate for Mullen. MSU is such a tough place to win and Mullen has done well there. He knows how to develop players, especially QBs. With our recruiting prowess and finances, he would do very well here.

I'm sure most Vol fans would be bending the knee today if Mullen had beaten Alabama last week.

That is mostly message board heros. Mullen is widely respected as a great coach off of this thread.

I don't understand people's hate for Mullen. MSU is such a tough place to win and Mullen has done well there. He knows how to develop players, especially QBs. With our recruiting prowess and finances, he would do very well here.

I'm sure most Vol fans would be bending the knee today if Mullen had beaten Alabama last week.

Nope. Take that Mullen carp elsewhere.

Reactions: 4 people
Do you realize Belicheck makes 7.5 million a year? You wanna pay Gruden 10? And no, I wouldn’t be happy with Bobo or Novell. Currie isn’t as dumb as you are.

Why do you care how much the coach makes?

"Gruden would be paid more than Belicheck, so we CAN'T HIRE GRUDEN"

Such a mosquito dick way of looking at it. Let's not worry about potential for wins, brand recognition. Let's not worry about the quarter billion we are about to sink into the stadium soon.

Let's worry about a relative comparison over a number that will in no way be bankrolled by you.

Reactions: 4 people
Just imagine a TSIO game called by a called-out-of-retirement Lundquist.

"The Vols, led by Coach Jon Gruden and with all star quarterback Seth Guaranormandy and All American RB Carlin Kelly Fils take the field against Nick Saban and the Rolling Red Tide!"

:eek:lol:

Last sentence... WRONG

Finebaum said no chance for Gruden, talking about Mullen, no other talk about Gruden aside from the single statement. Gruden to the Hill!!

No kidding!

I must admit, I’ve not worn my orange quiet as much this year. Not embarrassed, just apathetic and didn’t want to hear the crappy comments. But since last Sunday, I’ve worn it 5-6 times and ordered more! If (I’m at 90%) we hire Gruden, I’m buying 4 season tickets. I want to be there for the next 5-10 years of dominance. I bet I’m not the only one thinking like that either.

I live deep behind enemy lines and have never stopped wearing my orange. Never will.

Even my kids all choose to wear their orange to school. And they've been born and raised here in Birmingham.

Never stop wearing it proudly.

Reactions: 3 people
was talking about this in another thread, and i think most would agree with that list; you could maybe pick and chose a name or two and debate it, but to your point...

i think most reasonable people understand Mullen is not, and should not, be #1 on any list (i do, and i've been defending him like he's my #1 for 3 days). i also think that of those names in your top 4, all 4 are likely to not be all that realistic, and maybe not get past the "guage interest" phase....so just for argument's sake, say that's what happens, and you're down to the Mullen, frost brohm, morris, norvell etc...group....who do you want?

of course, if you can get 1 of those 4 in your list, you get him. yes. no argument. i just don't think any of those are realistic..not....that i wouldnt take them.

so for me, if you get to that group (and i just happen to think that's where this goes), it's mullen or frost for me.

Well if my top 4 coaches are not realistic then Gruden isn't realistic either.

Since it's been a while...

1. He doesn't recruit, has not turned on field success into recruiting and does not seem willing to try to recruit
2. He makes no attempt to improve the facilities at Moo State
3. Is barely above Jones in SEC record. Don't care if it's in the West either because they have had some ****ty teams as well
4. Is perfectly content and the fan base, AD and boosters are perfectly content to let him earn his $4.5 million a year getting 6-8 wins and the Egg Bowl trophy every once in a while
5. Combine the above and he is not worth the money it's going to take to get him out of Starkville

But wait! There's more!

Special offer! If you call now, you also get "other teams have passed on him in the past. Probably for very good reasons. Why should UT take that chance?"

Reactions: 5 people
$10M Gruden
$13M Staff

Someone please explain what it would take for the Athletic Dept. to get an acceptable ROI in 3 years on a $69 million coaching staff payout. (Can't make myself call it an investment.)

SEC Champs, Top Four, get to playoff, win the national title.

yada yada....Show me some numbers.

What was our ROI on the 5 years we had Jones?

Finebaum is pathetic, he knows nothing. He is a BIG TOOL, a drama hound tool and folks eat it up. Kind flip flop clip clop clown! SOON! GRUDEN TO THE VOLS!!!!!!

$10M Gruden
$13M Staff

Someone please explain what it would take for the Athletic Dept. to get an acceptable ROI in 3 years on a $69 million coaching staff payout. (Can't make myself call it an investment.)

SEC Champs, Top Four, get to playoff, win the national title.

yada yada....Show me some numbers.

We make the most of any schools now and we suck.

I have this weird feeling it's going to be Bob Stoops

If we really do somehow land gruden, I hope beav goes after all the media people were are jokes and laughed at it even being possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back