Official Jon Gruden Thread 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what it sounded like to me.. He was just casually talking about what he has going on right now and accidentally said "Knoxville".. Then realized he let it slip so had to quickly think of a way to cover it.

LITERALLY the opposite of what happened -- Gruden did that on purpose, he mentioned that Huard would be in Knoxville (not an accident) -- he was TROLLING all right, but not Volnation -- He was trolling those hosts (and they knew it).

It's amazing people can't see context/understand humor LOL

Clearly, he probably told them the truth before the interview -- and flipped it on them, which caught them by surprise. :)

Reactions: 13 people
Transcript

Host: [inaudible] time with us. When do you get to Seattle?

Gruden: Yeah I get in Saturday and I can't wait to get out there. Hope to see you guys and [inaudible] heading out to Knoxville and uh, just be singing that song, man. That's a great song, Rocky Top.

The "inaudible" in Gruden's comment is Huard, as in Brock Huard. Does he announce the UT/LSU game this weekend?

Brock Huard is a Washington University guy. He lives out there and does radio for the local ESPN affiliate. He's also an analyst and is doing color for Saturday's Tennessee-LSU game on ESPN.

JG was referencing that.

Reactions: 4 people
LITERALLY the opposite of what happened -- Gruden did that on purpose, he mentioned that Huard would be in Knoxville (not an accident) -- he was TROLLING all right, but not Volnation -- He was trolling those hosts (and they knew it).

He's trolling us too. Either Gruden is a massive narcissist or something is going on.

No one has answered on my comment.....Did one of those radio host not say a few days ago if he becomes coach he would sing rocky top.....what are the hosts names I will comb back through twitter and see if I can find it

Reactions: 2 people
And become the most hated man in the State that he loves?

Yesterday ... ‘Never say never’
And could have gone with the 2012 “ No there is no truth to that “ in exasperated tone like he did..

then THE NEXT DAY..TODAY.. “Love that song Rocky Top” unprompted ON HIS OWN .. Come on people he is a professional and family ties. Common sense here. He is coming. There is no way at this time he brings that up if not coming NO WAY

Clearly, he probably told them the truth before the interview -- and flipped it on them, which caught them by surprise. :)

This is a great point, but it also has to be taken in the context with him having to know that it would immediately blow up on Twitter and Vol Nation would lose their mind.

Based on how this has all been going, I really feel Brice or Hargis is going to break it. I know Beaver said ESPN, but this is my feeling.

No inside info here, but I think it's spread way too far for ESPN to break it now. A lot of legitimate CFB reporters have been saying that they're contacting their sources and eventually one of those sources will crack.

Reactions: 1 person
Dammit, I told myself I wouldn't let it happen again after 2012... but I'm all in.

Give me just ONE good reason Gruden would say that junk live on the air if he WASN'T headed to UT.

He has said multiple times that he loves Tennessee.
His kid is in school here.
His wife is an alumna.

Why voluntarily bring up Knoxville and "Rocky Top" just to troll?

The Beaver tweet isn't on Ainge's timeline because Beaver has his account blocked to only his accepted viewers. Ainge won't see it, until he reads it here, which he will.

I'm not sure Beaver even knows how Twitter works, he tweets at people but they will never see it. Which is sad, because he is actually a pretty good Tweeter.

Reactions: 1 person
No one has answered on my comment.....Did one of those radio host not say a few days ago if he becomes coach he would sing rocky top.....what are the hosts names I will comb back through twitter and see if I can find it

Mark Schbalch or however you spell his last name. Also, Edward Ashcoff said the same.

No, that was Schlabach from Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back