Official Jon Gruden Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I posted last week that I've been hunting the white whale (monster buck) the last few years. Welp, I saw him twice in the last 12hrs. Unfortunately, he was not in my cross hairs for a clean shot. Maybe this is a sign that he will be mine...soon! Once I nab him I will post. But maybe he's the Great Grudes inner soul and I will never be able to get him? If we get Gruden before I get him I might take that as a sign and let him be. Or not lol
I'm a hunter too. Don't pass on the buck

It's funny the Nega Grudes come on this thread just to say he's not coming. Well ask any of them WHY?. Most have not much to say other than he has it made at MNF and he has Gruden QB Camp Oh and could coach in the NFL.

About 80% or better have no clue about whats going on at ESPN and other places in NFL. For those nay sayers I'd like to try to help you understand why he would come to UT.

1. ESPN is going broke
2. NFL is no longer watched by 1,000's cause the POS in the NFL are not greatful to the Great American Flag what it stands for and those who died for it.
3. Gruden is not having a QB Camp this year its already been waxed by ESPN due to money.
4. MNF is leaving ESPN to a diff network (Again ESPN) is going broke.
5. Cindy is from UT
6. Jon's Son goes to UT.
7 Cindy wants to move back to Tn
8. The Gruden family just bought a freaking huge house in knoxville thats not for just his son.
9 Jon said UT was his Dream Job
10. It didn't happen in 2012 cause of several reasons
10 A. Timing wasn't right
10 B. Jon had just signed a new MNF contract.
10 C. Haslam was in the way.
10 D. The money wasn't there for the Assistants.
10 E. AD at the time wouldn't give Jon the Control he wanted.
11. It's Freaking Tennessee that's why
12. This time Charlie Ergen has been working for 5 years gainnning more and more money, backing, lining up boosters, and getting ready to push the Haslams out so they stop making UT the Knoxville Browns.
13. He's Chucky.
14. He's been to the NFL already
15. The man lives and breathes UT, Hell he even has orange hair.
16 AGAIN IT"S TENNESSEE
17. TENNESSEE is the only college he would coach.
18. Unlike 2008, 2012 Gruden has not denied it one time this time and Grumors are everywhere, If he didn't want it to happen he would have already stopped the Grumors and said he didn't want the job.
19. Gruden has been in Knoxville more in the last month than he has in 5 years.
20. UTAD Plane has made several trips to Florida last couple weeks

I thought this needed repeating from Gruden XXXI.

Not sure I agree with the Haslam's part of #12. I know in the super-long post I posted the other night I said they might be the losers in the deal but now I'm leaning towards them being a small part of the group of boosters leading this especially given their rumored involvement in bringing Currie to UT. I'm just speculating though based on message board rumors. There are probably others on this thread with more personal knowledge of the situation though...

Some of you may remember me from my post last night where I dropped some info. Just had a business lunch with the BOT member. Will drop some info when I get back to the office.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 9 people
This is so idiotic. The NFL is NOT college. Players on each team are on the same level. The coaches do not recruit them. You go to a team and it's the hand your dealt. It's funny gruden wins the super bowl against his team the year before. Hmm. So dumv

So he won the super bowl with Tony Dungee's players. This means that he basically did what what Tony couldn't do, because he would get to the first or second round and lose. Sounds like a pretty good coach to me.

Reactions: 2 people
Staff...potential QB coach.

Wasn’t he qb at FSU in his mid 20’s? Seems like he’s the one that was much older than the rest of the team. I’m half asleep and may not be remembering correctly though.

If Gruden knows he will be either negotiating a broadcasting job contract or NFL contract, why would it not be in his interview to flame the fire and “never say never.” Likewise, why would it not be in Tennessee’s interest for it to appear Gruden may be interested?

Seems to me both sides gain desirability and urgency by having this story out. That is why no one has put and end to it. That may be why we get these reports about subtleties suggesting interest from both parties.

John Currie is not flying to DC to interview a guy for a S&C position. Sorry. Sometimes we can't connect all the dots. And that's ok. No need to stretch it that far.

If he already has a deal with Gruden, he could very well be vetting his assistants. He wouldn't be interviewing other HC candidates if Gruden is locked up.

Does anyone remember a press conference where a head coach was announced with assistants in tow?

It has been mentioned several times on here that Gruden had concerns about his staff and it has been discussed that he is currently looking at assistants. I don’t think they will be announced, but I think it stands to reason he wants to know what kind of support he will have before agreeing.

OT but can somebody tell Freak that daylight savings time was a few weeks ago. I'm in the central time zone but I feel like I'm hours behind when I look at a post time. That being said... LAST and Gruden to the Hill!!

Reactions: 1 person
Wasn’t he qb at FSU in his mid 20’s? Seems like he’s the one that was much older than the rest of the team. I’m half asleep and may not be remembering correctly though.

That's him. He was 25 his freshman year lol. Played for a few years with the Blue Jays minor league system.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back