Official Jon Gruden Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some speculate, that Currie wants to wait on a Florida announcement of Kelly, so that he can "one up" them.
But, maybe, if Currie announces Gruden first, it might be enough of a deterrent for Kelly to decide that winning championships at Florida will be difficult!

If I’m UTs AD, and if I have Gruden locked up, I wait until Florida’s coach is locked in and announced. You don’t want to give them any more information than they already have when making their decisions. Information is power. Why give more than you have to?

Again, just to reiterate the significance:

Imagine you’re Hargis. Imagine you wrote that piece in 2012 ready to “blow up” the story of Gruden coming to TN - only for it to not happen for whatever reason, hundreds of people call you a liar, and have a frenzied portion of the fanbase (of which you identify) directly mad at YOU for getting their hopes up. You’re basically deemed a phony for years about the article you wrote as it takes a long time for even fragments of what happened to actually come out (and even now it’s still pretty muddy).

Why would you risk this backlash again? Granted, he’s not saying it’s a done deal, but why even associate your name to this story if a decent percentage of yourself thinks it’s all smoke and mirrors. You’d be the reporter who cried wolf again, and the backlash the second time could very easily be worse than the first go round. So why would you do it? You’ve had conversations. Likely several. With people involved, who have likely assured (maybe even guaranteed) that this isn’t like it was in 2012. It isn’t just getting lucky by sitting next to one guy who got a phone call during lunch. It’s likely several people, important people, who are saying the same things. Only then would you feel safe to throw your hat back in the ring. Personally, I can’t envision him doing this for clicks, or temporary celebrity, or to troll the UT fanbase. I think he has something. See his reference to “off the record” conversations.

Hargis is combating all the negative and invalid social media reporting about Gruden would never come to UT. He ensures that his sources are fact checked before reporting unlike many out there now trying to slander us by saying we are a 2nd tier job.

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds like Spurrier knows it is either Frost or Mullen. Or Taggart or Strong.

It will not be Mullen. Strickland and Mullen HATE each other. It's gonna be Taggart or Strong if I had to guess. Frost has cooled on Flor of late unless they offer him something he can't turn down.

Repeat after me Wallace and Hargis are your friends. Wallace and Hargis are your friends Wallace and Hargis are your friends. Wallace and Hargis are your friends. Wallace and Hargis are your friends. Wallace and Hargis are your friends. Wallace and Hargis are your friends. Wallace and Hargis are your friends. Wallace and Hargis are your friends

Reactions: 4 people
Hasn't replied to when this was taken.

CN-ufemWcAAxndR.jpg

Here's the original... That one was fake

Reactions: 8 people
Question... if it is done, why not announce on MNF? We get an announcement nationally televised and great PR. MNF gets to honor and thank him and say there goodbyes live on air and get to break it, would also be great for ratings. Only hangUp i see would be finishing his contract out with the mothership before they may agree to it and we coul not wait that long.

Reactions: 1 person
My color-coded analysis of Gruden's answer this morning:

“You know what Mike, I haven’t talked to anybody and all I really have in my life is my family and football, that’s it. I’m real sensitive to the coaches that are out there, so I don’t speculate. I just love football and I’m just trying to hang on to the job I have. I’m very fortunate to be with the people I’m with."

“I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, I just know this — I’m going to give my best effort to the game, stay prepared and I love Monday Night Football, don’t plan on leaving, but as you know in life, you never say never."

- You're the first person from the media I've talked to about this.

- This job allows me to be close to everything I have in life (Family in East TN, Football in Knoxville)

- I know other coaches are using this vacancy to negotiate raises and/or contract extensions at their schools, so I want to help them by leaving the door open for a while.

- I know I'm getting laid off from ESPN soon.

- I know exactly what's going to happen in the future.

- I will be a great college coach

- Soon

- I plan to finish my contractual obligations for the year.

- Yes, I plan on becoming the next coach of the Tennessee Volunteers. Go Vols!

Reactions: 20 people
Y'all believe in prophecies? If so hang on to your butts:

After seeing the link to Kamara's comments on Gruden, I got the itch to see some highlights. I went to YouTube and searched "Alvin Kamara highlights."

First video was highlights against the Bills (106 yds, 1TD)

Before the video played an ad came on. What was the ad? JON MF'ing GRUDEN's bobble head MNF commercial advertising the 1-800-9GRUDEN hotline!

If that ain't trying to tell you something....

Soon

I’m Roma (Gyspy) so of course I believe in prophecy. I told my wife when we were dating (the day we broke up), we would get married and have 2 kids, it happened.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back