Official Jon Gruden Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if a person comes into a thread to antagonize and be a jerk, they deserve it.

I didn't see the original post - just the quoted post. I was pages behind. yes, now i see The guy was being a ****

That said, comment on shaming/stigma of mental illness still stands.

Man this is sooooo rich. I am vicariously enjoying this through Stephen. Fire all the Cannons!!!:dance2: And it is also a blast at the sap sycophants (insert names gifs) who will not report anything

Stephen Hargis‏
@StephenHargis
Follow
Follow @StephenHargis

More
Side note: I took a ton of heat for what was reported 5 years ago but I didn't burn a source. I have a great relationship with former UT players, coaches, other sources because they know they can trust I won't burn them. Makes what's happening now at UT all the more gratifying.

Reactions: 6 people
Spoke with former UTC AD David Blackburn - who spent 20 years in the UT athletic department - for about an hour last night. Great conversation with some good off the record info. But I think his on the record quotes and info will be very interesting for Vols fans. Its onlline now

Stephen Hargis, TFP

Needless to say, the national coaching site reports were nothing more than click bait. Anyone who thinks Gruden isn't a viable option for UT has no clue what they're talking about and obviously hasn't spoken with anyone who actually does know anything.

Stephen Hargis, TFP

Reactions: 2 people
Y'all believe in prophecies? If so hang on to your butts:

After seeing the link to Kamara's comments on Gruden, I got the itch to see some highlights. I went to YouTube and searched "Alvin Kamara highlights."

First video was highlights against the Bills (106 yds, 1TD)

Before the video played an ad came on. What was the ad? JON MF'ing GRUDEN's bobble head MNF commercial advertising the 1-800-9GRUDEN hotline!

If that ain't trying to tell you something....

Soon

Reactions: 1 person
Ah, I didn't know this about you. My apologies for not knowing you also are a Grudenite. :)

I don't count myself as one, but that's mainly because I feel really "johnny-come-lately" compared to all the folks who have kept the hope alive for five long years.

Definitely want Jon to be our next head coach, though. Think he's the answer.

Go Vols!

The Original Grudenites

Attachments

• 5F999EE4-82E8-442B-B6B0-A212D5259802.jpeg
    5F999EE4-82E8-442B-B6B0-A212D5259802.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 3D95784A-3B71-44D2-AADC-12CE497EA1F7.jpeg
    3D95784A-3B71-44D2-AADC-12CE497EA1F7.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 12 people
I'll address the elephant in the room as far as me, too: yeah, there will still be some who say I was the guy who wrote about Gruden talking with UT 5 years ago & it didn't happen. I promised my source at the time I wouldn't reveal him so not to hurt his relationship with JG

Hargis - TFP

But now it's been 5 yrs & VG is fine with me saying: he & I were having lunch then & JG called him to discuss the possibility of joining the staff if he took the job. I wrote it, being very careful to say that JG was simply interested in the job. Never said he would take it...

Hargis - TFP

Same with today's story. Yes, DB has spoken with Gruden and says he is a viable option, but that does NOT mean a deal will get done. Simply means there are talks and anyone who says otherwise is simply taking shots in the dark and hoping something sticks...

Hargis - TFP

I'm not calling anyone stupid. That's your words. When I see the official Jon Gruden thread, I see it as a source for speculation. Not blind believers. Maybe y'all need a new thread called Grudens bubble

It got merged back in XXVI iirc.

So no Chip Kelly in Florida?

Florida: On the Buddy Martin Radio Show, Steve Spurrier noted that he believes the Gators will have “an excellent coach here in 3-4 weeks,” and then added; “The coach is with his team now. The coach we’re going to hire is probably, I would almost 100 percent say is coaching his team today, this weekend, and through the end of the season, and maybe through the bowl game

So no Chip Kelly in Florida?

Florida: On the Buddy Martin Radio Show, Steve Spurrier noted that he believes the Gators will have “an excellent coach here in 3-4 weeks,” and then added; “The coach is with his team now. The coach we’re going to hire is probably, I would almost 100 percent say is coaching his team today, this weekend, and through the end of the season, and maybe through the bowl game

Frost

SIAP, but there was a great article posted about 30 minutes ago where Kamara said the following:

When asked if a coach who has not been on the sideline in nine years and has not coached in college since 1991 could work today, Kamara did not hesitate, “Yeah! Shoot! I like Gruden.”

“I’ll play for Gruden,” he added.

Ex-Vol Alvin Kamara likes what he's hearing about Jon Gruden

I'm curious how any of you would have answered Golic this morning, if you were Jon and had no intention whatsoever to coach at TENNESSEE.

Man, as you know, I love Tennessee. I try to visit as often as I can. With that said, I will not be the next HC. But I sure can't wait to find out who is!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back