Official Jon Gruden Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a simple point thats been overlooked.

Gruden had to answer the way he did on Mike & Mike because he is
STILL UNDER CONTRACT with ESPN ........make sense ?

Also, when was the last time a coaching candidate ever confirmed they were hired BEFORE the university announced it?

Reactions: 1 person
Run Down:
1. Gruden did MNF in Charlotte, left Charlotte Tuesday, stopped in ATL, then on to Tampa.
2. Currie was spotted on a flight to Charlotte Monday.
3. Currie was in DC interviewing a coach last night. The reason why he wasn't at the BBall game.
4. Numerous outlets and (Brice) have confirmed JG and university are still negotiating. JG wants everything to be right before he signs the contract.
5. JG has reached out to some VFL's in regards to interest on the staff. Also confirmed by Hargis and Brice.

Reactions: 13 people
I just got back from eating Thanksgiving lunch with my son at his elementary school. A couple guys ahead of me in line were talking about who we need as the next coach. One of them was telling the other that if we don't get Mullen or Miles, we are screwed. I wanted to holler at them GTFO and Soon, but that would not have been appropriate given the setting. But then out of nowhere, a fella with an Alabama shirt on, chimes in that he has heard from a solid source that Gruden is the guy.... First time ever that I have been conflicted about a Bama fan and actually thought that this guy knows what he is talking about. True story.

Reactions: 15 people
i have seen posters throw out the i know one of the “bot” comment but never a name. Well, i’m breaking that trend. A family member of mine has a mentor that is a bot...that man is no other than john foy. He was mentored by mr. Foy when he was high up at cbl (they own and operate large malls across the us). I believe his duty on the board is mostly on the academic side but he obviously is in the know on these type of decisions. He told my family friend that he said we have jon gruden. He would be bewildered if it didn’t happen. He said due to his position on the board he couldn’t give out too many details but that it should be before the last game of the year that it’s announced.

i believe!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171115-124153.jpg
    Screenshot_20171115-124153.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 4 people
I just don't understand why they fly everywhere to see each other. If I was Gruden, I would just be like, "Dude... Just call me. You don't have to fly over here to talk."

Currie doesn’t want he NSA breaking the story. Got to stay off the airways man. They are listening.

Now I am in a watch list because I mentioned the nsa.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed..it was said as much on here last night if you knew who to listen to.

Atlanta Vol said pivotal, not critical. Which went along with what others were insinuating, Gruden had signed a CONTRACT, and today was key staff and maybe Blackburn's decision. However, I think he's been on board the whole time. He's also had a while now to help get this done. I would be surprised if he has truly been unemployed all this time. All of this is IMO FWIW

This, plus the multiple contract talk in the other threads, makes sense to me. If Gruden was "done" it could be that he signed a contract (if this/that happens). So the next week, we hear it's "done" (nega's say "I thought it was already done"), could mean that another Gruden contract piece was completed. So that leaves us with the pivotal piece. Currie / Blackburn ?????
Gruden / TOTAL control????

Just thinking out loud here.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back