Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just keep reading and smiling.

I know and understand.... Just messing with you over the Butch thing !

I am certainly seeing this thing gaining steam .... Still can't get my one guy to agree at all with Gruden.... He has mentioned a few names, but says NO WAY on Gruden???

That is why it is so difficult to go all in for me

So if I call up Cade Mays and ask that he re-commit to Tennessee I am in violation of NCAA rules? The NCAA cops (who have zero authority) will come and punish me in some way? IF .... Gruden called him as a private citizen there is NOTHING in violation. The NCAA can be all over it all they want but they can't do squat.

Not saying Gruden DID call him...just sayin'.

You're correct, as long as they don't announce you as HC of the University of Tennessee's football team in a couple of weeks.

If the NCAA confirmed that you were in negotiations to become the coach at the time of the call to the recruit, I am guessing they'd have a sanction or two for the University.

I wouldn't want to put a limit on the information that comes in here. It may have been posted several pages back, but not everyone follows this thread page for page. It may be the first time some people are seeing it.

Remember, we have a lot of lurkers!!

Fair enough! 😁

Serenity of knowledge.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
You're correct, as long as they don't announce you as HC of the University of Tennessee's football team in a couple of weeks.

If the NCAA confirmed that you were in negotiations to become the coach at the time of the call to the recruit, I am guessing they'd have a sanction or two for the University.

It's a shame we aren't North Carolina.

I know and understand.... Just messing with you over the Butch thing !

I am certainly seeing this thing gaining steam .... Still can't get my one guy to agree at all with Gruden.... He has mentioned a few names, but says NO WAY on Gruden???

That is why it is so difficult to go all in for me

That's understandable. I'm still just being patient.

Laughed at the thought of Gruden on ESPN2 segment earlier

Yeah they are talking about Mullen and Fuente...but nothing with any solid information, just speculation. 🙄🙄🙄🙄 I gotta stop watching Paul. He annoys me.

Negotiations have been going on for weeks but I doubt Gruden has contacted Mays. He can do that when he gets announced soon.

I don't think they could do anything until the coach actually becomes a coach and then they absolutely could act on the coach and the university.

Oddly enough I think Ben Stancliff (Sab in Twitter) almost got UT in trouble for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back