Official Jon Gruden Thread 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just playing devil's advocate here...

What would it take for you to want to fire Gruden once he's here? If he doesn't make an immediate impact, will we give him more time than we gave Butch/Dooley? What if we get to year 5 of Gruden and still haven't won the East?

I know this is unlikely, but you have to at least acknowledge the possibility since no coach is "perfect".

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
If this were to actually happen, can you imagine how many Chucky dolls in Tennessee garb Alumni Hall could sell between now and Christmas?

Seems like someone posted a tweet exchange from Gruden's son at UT about Jon taking a NCAA test. That was posted last month in one of the Gruden Threads after the Georgia or more likely the South Carolina games. The referenced test being a requirement of all NCAA football coaches regarding the rules of recruiting.

Anybody recall this?

It was on volnugs

If Rockytopinsider is posting on fb about Gruden contacting former Vols about coaching with him can we stop calling them rumors now?

SOON!!!

Reactions: 4 people
lets ask ourselves a real simple question....since solid sources are saying that Gruden is making calls to coaches and others about "joining him in Knoxville" ---

does it make a damn bit of sense that he would call and say... "hey ____ i am just thinking about coaching at UT. would you be interested in being on my staff ?"

how ridiculous would that be ?

its obvious......GRUDEN TO THE HILL !

99.7%

Yes. He did exactly that in 2012. Thus the very cautious optimism around here despite all the smoke.

Edit: I see what you did....

Reactions: 3 people
If you don't follow what's been going on and you're a media personality...you are aware Butch has been fired...and then you think about who might be the next coach...and u hear UT fans saying "Gruden" and of course (if u haven't been following) you immediately think "NO WAY"...'he's got a great gig with MNF' etc etc etc. Then u tweet out some snarky opinion knocking it down...cuz that's what you are paid to do. IMO that's all these tweets from media people saying it won't happen is all about. They aren't following the developments...they hear "Gruden to Tennessee" and they laugh and think it's nuts.

On the surface it does sound preposterous. That's what my original thought would be if I wasn't following this for awhile. My immediate take would be "yeah right".

Announcing tonight at half time of MNF, Currie on set with Gruden and Manning. Manning to take over Gruden's MNF role until end of season to expedite transition......

purely speculative, but think of the press this would get UT! W would have 5*
recruits calling us

Reactions: 5 people
Right... He's way too invested and obsessed with this to be a troll.. His profile is constantly active, even when he's not posting. He's putting a ton of effort into it, for what? To troll VN and say "gotcha!" when it doesn't happen? That's a little ridiculous when you think about it. Trolls tend to come in, say their thing, mess with people for a while, then leave and never come back... And they're usually just bored kids posting from their mom's basement. The fact that ATL vouched for him having played at The Honors (frequently enough to know the name of the bartender) tells you he's not some bored kid. So why would someone like him dedicate so much time and effort to this? The only reason I can think of is if they're being paid to... He could have just brought his information, posted it and left. But he is still around, even after being called a troll by multiple people. If I had that many people calling me a troll and attacking me the way some have attacked MIT, I'd probably say screw this site and log off permanently.

He's the main reason I'm up around 89.5% and holding. A few others have vouched for him indirectly also. Most of it is plausible, but like you he could be getting paid.

lets ask ourselves a real simple question....since solid sources are saying that Gruden is making calls to coaches and others about "joining him in Knoxville" ---

does it make a damn bit of sense that he would call and say... "hey ____ i am just thinking about coaching at UT. would you be interested in being on my staff ?"

I wouldn't put too much stock in these reports. In 2012 he was supposedly contacting coaches as well. Quarles comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back