Official Gruden Thread 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine what his son would endure if this happens to be be the case?

Well, my prayer is that our fanbase would be mature enough to leave the kid alone, knowing he has nothing to do with it....but then I see some jackwagon following Currie around shouting Gruden.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Yes. A couple of us called the Tampa meeting. The only insider you should trust, however, is Atlanta Vol.

And I do appreciate the info that we get from you guys. But I’m just afraid we are not as close to getting Gruden as some believer. And we will find out we are going to have to google our next coach and do this again in 5 years

Reactions: 2 people
Agree. Let the mods make the new threads. Quit starting a new one while there's plenty of life in the old one.

It’s great when people start them since we aren’t around 247. I just worry that we seem to be starting new ones with fewer and fewer posts in the old ones. 😬

Reactions: 6 people
Hypothetically, yes.

Practically speaking, with all the work that's gone into this, I think it's safe to say if Gruden says no, that's it.

I do not believe he will say no, because I believe he's already agreed.

Ok, I was just thinking it might come down to that to buy more time. Gruden says "no," Currie starts interviewing crap candidates, mattresses burn, then all the sudden whenthe time is right...boom Currie announced Jon Gruden and becomes a legend in the state of TN? Lol..ok I'll kindly...STFU now!

Reactions: 1 person
That’s cool, and we’re good bud. Just know that us mere peons can only access info that we get (positive or negative) from our frame of reference. Your stance about not responding to negative info seemed a bit harsh in that regard.

My stance is only my own personal stance. Several times today I've been asked how I feel about one or another piece of negative news.

I was simply stating that my responses are all gonna be the same unless we hear from Currie or Gruden. Didn't mean for that to be harsh, just letting y'all know I'm going to be a broken record. :)

So tomorrow if Ron Swanson says he thinks we don't get Gruden, I'm gonna respond the same way. And if Hubbs comes out and says he thinks we missed on Gruden, I'm gonna respond the same way. If Atlanta Vol comes out and says we aren't getting Gruden...

...I'm gonna wait a few minutes to see if a presser is pending. And if it's not, I'm going to say the exact same thing.

We got our man. :)

Reactions: 14 people
Let's get a quick idea how broad we are Volnation and how loud our celebration will be heard around the world when Gruden is announced. Post your county or city.

Athens,TN

Hattiesburg, MS.

There are more Vol fans here than I thought probable. I'm in good company. :rock:

Reactions: 1 person

This you?

giphy.gif

I’m telling ya. It’s like being cheated on by someone you love over and over. After awhile. You hate them...almost. Lolol. Or at least become deeply resentful or apathetic of them. It’s basic human emotions. And after 15 years....if I see MIKE BOBO....trot out to that podium....I’m not going to be able to consciously control how I feel. I can’t make myself love Mike Bobo. I just can’t.

I sincerely believe in patience. I preach it all the time to others. It truly is a virtue that we all should take to heart. But, this fanbase can't take being patient any longer and settling for mediocrity. We need an immediate positive impact to this program. As others have stated -- this hire will either set us up to win championships (not bowl championships or life championships) OR set us back for another 10+ years. The fans deserve better, the current players deserve better, and the all past players that but their blood, sweat, and tears into this program deserve better.

Reactions: 4 people
on beaver and/or trolls.

whether or not someone is a troll has no bearing on if jon gruden will be the next coach at ut. You set yourself up for disappointment and a roller coaster of emotions when you take every word as gospel truth from any one poster on a message board. We're all on edge and desperate for good news, but we've created a vulnerable atmosphere where someone like beaver could play us all. I'm not saying beav is a troll. I don't know him. I'm just saying the conditions are right. Some have also run off reputable posters like bcarter just because he was level-headed and didn't buy into all the optimism. Gotta listen to people, even if their info doesn't line up with your agenda.

Best practice: Listen to the general consensus of the reputable posters (on vn, vq, 247) who have been here for a long time and have credibility. Have faith. Pray for the best. and don't sound like a bunch candy ***** during rocky top!

Good days are ahead.

fyp

Could you tell us what info you have that makes you so sure Gruden is coming, what is your connection?

How about a highly recruited players family???... They don’t care how this ends up because they were told certain info then all info was shut off. Shopping other places looking for the best fit. Tired of listing to the BS from fans and media. If people don’t think these kids read social media and message boards then just stick your heads back in the sand.

I know you would never direct a question at some troll like me with only 17 or so post but I just felt the itch to let my info go now. Take it for what my few post are worth.

So, in a nutshell...39 is basically
-we started 39 too soon
-omg gruden isn't coming
-what does beaver and Matt know anyways?
-total meltdown
-hi guys, I'm from central Georgia

Reactions: 3 people
Anywhere Tn, ky, W. Virginia and Virginia.

Go where the work takes me.

Grew up on Signal Mtn. near Chattanooga.

Ok, I see what you're saying.

I pretty much answered this already though. I absolutely believe that Gruden is signed. And I will not discuss in any further detail how I came by that piece of information.

Someone bump rockytopinSC's post about jobs being on the line.

“I can’t talk about how I have this info, they are watching...” give me a break, y’all are a bunch of trolls

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back