Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Just read the box score..looks like we pulled off a win despite the worst shooting game this season! Defense is on fire right now at least. I cannot believe we shot 3 for 25 from downtown!?! Thats 12% folks. About 1 in 8. There are guys who shoot better % than that from half court. Steph and Caitlin do for sure. Hell curry might make 1 in 8 from the opponents free throw line. Watch his pregame shots on youtube if you havent seen em. He makes some from the concourse, or 15 rows deep in the stands. Regularly. Oh well...hopefully we got that horrible shooting game out of the way. We just need to win 4 more to claim the Title!! 2 more puts us in the Final 4! GO VOLS

Box score if interested:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323-224725_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323-224725_Google.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
Just read the box score..looks like we pulled off a win despite the worst shooting game this season! Defense is on fire right now at least. I cannot believe we shot 3 for 25 from downtown!?! Thats 12% folks. About 1 in 8. There are guys who shoot better % than that from half court. Steph and Caitlin do for sure. Hell curry might make 1 in 8 from the opponents free throw line. Watch his pregame shots on youtube if you havent seen em. He makes some from the concourse, or 15 rows deep in the stands. Regularly. Oh well...hopefully we got that horrible shooting game out of the way. We just need to win 4 more to claim the Title!! 2 more puts us in the Final 4! GO VOLS

Box score if interested:
Lordy. Lucky to win with those crappy offensive numbers. We do that in the sweet 16 and we’re gonna get bounced.

It’s from where I live. Bottling plant is bout 15mins away for Cheerwine and Sundrop. Cheerwine/Dr Pepper are what I drink whenever Dew isnt on the menu. My wife loves Sundrop but I dont really like it to be honest. It tastes more like Sprite even though it’s green like Dew. Cheerwine/Sundrop is usually cheaper around here than Coke or Pepsi products I guess because of the plant. Moon Pies or RC cola are hard to find over here in NC but all over Tennessee. Honestly the best local product from the Carolinas is probably Bojangles. Their breakfast is great. Only Hardees even comes close for fast food.
Covid screwed my taste for soft drinks. I used to love a Dew on Saturday mornings. Now it tastes like hairspray and kerosene…..Coke, Pepsi…. They all have the same horrid aftertaste. Dr Pepper is the only one that’s tastes the same as always

Well, it wasn’t pretty last night, but a 4pt win in March is better than a 20 pt win in February.

I am in no way saying that Rick Barnes is the best thing since sliced bread or the best coach out there, but since he was fired at Texas ...

NCAA Tournament wins -

Barnes & Tennessee - 8
Texas - 5

Plus Barnes and Tennessee have won more NCAA tournament games in the last 2 days than Calipari and Kentucky has in the last 3 years.

GO VOLS!

I kicked high fructose corn syrup a year ago and I don't even want to remember what coke tastes like anymore.

1. This is a great idea. The crap is terrible.

2. We were both born with tapeworms. How do you not look like an Ethiopian marathon star? Drinking a 12pack a day to replace those calories might work....but seriously i bet close to 1000 calories a day i get from Dew etc? I would have to start eating bacon like it was potato chips or something to not drop 20lbs or more. I know that Dew isnt healthy...and that HFCS isnt "good calories"...but it is VERY dense sugar calories. I already eat more protein than i want to at nearly every meal. And I don't intentionally do cardio except in "mixed pairs ". You have 8 pack abs now...or shaped like a stick bro?

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
1. This is a great idea. The crap is terrible.

2. We were both born with tapeworms. How do you not look like an Ethiopian marathon star? Drinking a 12pack a day to replace those calories might work....but seriously i bet close to 1000 calories a day i get from Dew etc? I would have to start eating bacon like it was potato chips or something to not drop 20lbs or more. I know that Dew isnt healthy...and that HFCS isnt "good calories"...but it is VERY dense sugar calories. I already eat more protein than i want to at nearly every meal. And I don't intentionally do cardio excepted in "mixed pairs ". You have 8 pack abs now...or shaped like a stick bro?

Haha, I still eat like a horse, have a fairly high carb intake, and I still drink more booze than the average person.

Which is good because I still work about 20 hours a week at a job that clocks me at about 8 miles a shift for movement, I still hike about 20 miles a week, and I do some strength training at home 4 hours a week (I eat edibles and lift in my basement lol).

Keeps me fairly toned at 155 pounds, which is exactly where I want to be. Soda would have me at 10 pounds heavier, and all of it going to my midsection.

Covid screwed my taste for soft drinks. I used to love a Dew on Saturday mornings. Now it tastes like hairspray and kerosene…..Coke, Pepsi…. They all have the same horrid aftertaste. Dr Pepper is the only one that’s tastes the same as always

Dr Pepper or nothing is a good rule to live by. The wife still wants Coke, but she keeps saying it tastes flat as in lacking carbonization. I drink what she leaves sometimes and Coke really is just flat compared to Dr Pepper - overly syrupy flavor and no zing in the mouth and throat. With regards to carbonization, I've started wondering if bottling companies are reducing it to humor the environmental terrorists.

Dr Pepper or nothing is a good rule to live by. The wife still wants Coke, but she keeps saying it tastes flat as in lacking carbonization. I drink what she leaves sometimes and Coke really is just flat compared to Dr Pepper - overly syrupy flavor and no zing in the mouth and throat. With regards to carbonization, I've started wondering if bottling companies are reducing it to humor the environmental terrorists.
Only way I am drinking Coke now is if its a Mexican Coke that comes in the glass bottle and with real sugar. that stuff is still sooo good. Sprite and Pepsi in glass is good too, but for some reason I don't like DP in glass with the cane sugar. its way too sweet, and it feels like they removed one of the 23 flavors.

NCSU won the ACC tourney though right? Played 5 games in 5 days and won similar to the 4 games we won prior to the kensucky debacle when we ran out of gas. My little brother got his nuke engineering degree in Raleigh. Nice gig if you can get it. Think hes gonna meet me here for the UT/state game in Charlotte next season. Last time we did that was in ATL for the CFA kickoff game when we torched CB Amerson for 2TDs. That game cost him mucho $$$ because he was a 1st team AA and projected 1st round pick until Zero smoked him down the sidelines. Might be the most beautiful catch I have ever seen in person. I jumped up so quick that I shattered my phone on concrete bc it was on my lap in the Georgia Dome.

72 yard TD to Zero (white lightning)

This was one of the high points during the Dooley years. I lived in NC at this time and all my coworkers who were NCSU fans were so confident that Amerson was going to single handedly shut down the pass game. He was humbled that day. Remember it like it was yesterday. Patterson and Lane both had a really good day.

That was 12 years ago! I still had a work BlackBerry 🤣

Elarbee talking Oline stuff. Dont see him often. As ALWAYS with every press conference at UT you cannot hear what the guy asking the questions is saying. Ever. Never. They apparently dont pass the mic around so i guess its just in the middle of the room. This video is actually worse than most due to that reason.

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back