Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

That fix proves the cliche "it's not so bad that it couldn't be worse". I've driven through Rossville just to avoid that cluster.
2A to Rossville blvd?

I’ve gotten off at 2A turned right till I had to turn left, went into the back of east ridge and got back on there because the exit will continue around and put you back on 75 past all the lucidieness.

2A to Rossville blvd?

I’ve gotten off at 2A turned right till I had to turn left, went into the back of east ridge and got back on there because the exit will continue around and put you back on 75 past all the lucidieness.
I've cut through around Dalton, too. There's a two lane 136 maybe??? that ascends /descends a mountain. It is really pretty and a fun drive with the twists and turns. I've gone all the way over to 59 N to 24E.

I think I just get so bored with interstates my tolerance is gone for delays, stop n go, and bumper to bumper driving at speed.

yeah, my problem with it is the design.

Going north on 75 which heads to the right? Get in the left lanes.
Going west on 24 which heads to the left? Get in the right lanes.

I don't care how many civil engineers, or traffic engineers, explain it to me, I will never believe that is the most efficient or safest option to have people in the opposite lanes from the direction they want to go.

I asked a TDOT engineer once why don't they design the roads and traffic patterns looking ahead 10 or more years. He said they can't, if I remember correctly the formula they use for designing roads only takes into account projected traffic 3 or 4 years in the future, can't get funding for anything further out. So with that idiocy any changes made are out of date by the time the project is complete.

I asked a TDOT engineer once why don't they design the roads and traffic patterns looking ahead 10 or more years. He said they can't, if I remember correctly the formula they use for designing roads only takes into account projected traffic 3 or 4 years in the future, can't get funding for anything further out. So with that idiocy any changes made are out of date by the time the project is complete.
oh yeah. that is an issue as well. but its not just the capacity issue at hand. in these cases the design itself limits the ability for people today to use the roads in a safe or efficient manner.

They will tell you the counter-directional exits allow them to have softer curves, which makes that action safer. but they won't tell you what that traffic pattern does half a miles before the curve with every changing lanes like Slice described.

Next Chatt project is 24 around Moccasin Bend to th GA line..that will be a mess. I wonder if they will have to take out more Lookout Mtn as there aint much girth there.
Chattanooga just needs an bypass interstate where the rest of us can go around it. Going through it sux.

All in favor of I 224 say "aye".

You think that's bad? Come to OKC.

I35 goes from 8 lanes in Edmond to 4 lanes in OKC. Then merges onto I40 with less than a mile to get back on I35 which is 6 lanes.

And it's always under construction...

You think that's bad? Come to OKC.

I35 goes from 8 lanes in Edmond to 4 lanes in OKC. Then merges onto I40 with less than a mile to get back on I35 which is 6 lanes.

And it's always under construction...
I mean Chattanooga had two pretty large Civil War battles fought in and around it based purely on the constrictive geography which the interstate system is still victim to.

I would give the edge to Chattanooga pretty much any day.

The reason there hasn't been a bypass is because its more or less literally impossible.

I mean Chattanooga had two pretty large Civil War battles fought in and around it based purely on the constrictive geography which the interstate system is still victim to.

I would give the edge to Chattanooga pretty much any day.

The reason there hasn't been a bypass is because its more or less literally impossible.
That's not the attitude which put man on the moon. Built the Hoover Dam. Dug the Panama Canal. Developed breast implants.

We can do it, Louder!

Look, it’s half a ****ing bridge. Let’s drive on it while we build the other half. View attachment 640800
Lol.

Slice, I'm not sure why but when I read your post I thought of this guy:

And then I imagined you as a British fellow complaining about road construction. And then I laughed until I cried.

Thank you.

More of him ranting: WARNING LANGUAGE AND NOT PC

VN Store

Back