Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Today is a "simple things are never easy" kind of day. I didn't get a notice that my tag expired in July - maybe that was a clue, but I just went with the mail didn't get it here or even I possibly I lost it. Last year when I renewed, I got the new sticker for the old tag, and then a phone call telling me I should have been issued a new tag and it would be coming in the mail. It came in a couple of days and went on the car. So this year somebody decided to redesign veteran's tags again; the clerk tried to put the tag number from my registration in the system, and the system flagged it. It took nearly an hour to get it all straightened out. The registration in the computer never showed the new tag I put on last year - it showed the older tag. Fun day. The clerk was exceptionally nice - amazing how many times she had to get a password to override the system. She said there's got to be a full moon on the way. Good thing I was never stopped during the past year - then again maybe that time I wondered about the red light camera. Maybe I tripped it and the tag didn't show up in the system.

This chicken is crazy, deranged and other things. She was caught on a closed circuit elevator camera punching and fighting the guy a month early. I'm sure the camera has caught her doing other things only the security guy that reviews the tape knows about.

OF MODEL COURTNEY TAILORCHARGED WITH MURDERING BOYFRIEND... Arrested in Hawaii

OnlyFans model Courtney Tailor has been charged with murder in connection to the killing of her boyfriend earlier this year.

OnlyFans Model Courtney Tailor Charged with Murdering Boyfriend

Video shows social media model striking boyfriend repeatedly a month before his murder

If you ever get the pics, keep them to yourself. Don't burn things that we can't unsee into our brains and retinas.

21291808.gif

It has gotten to the point that when going to a restaurant I have to tell the host: "Don't give me the new person."
It's gotten to the point that when waitresses see you coming, they have to tell the hostess: "Don't seat him in my section."

You're probably rude and a lousy tipper.

It's gotten to the point that when waitresses see you coming, they have to tell the hostess: "Don't seat him in my section."

You're probably rude and a lousy tipper.

I worked in a restaurant growing up, am a TREMENDOUS tipper, and quite pleasant.

upset-shirley-temple.gif

I was a host at Margarita Y Amigas and waited tables in West Palm Beach, Fla., in the early 1980s.

My rule is at least 20 %, often 25%, and even if I sit at the bar and have a glass of water, minimum tip in all circumstances is $3 per person.

I was a host at Margarita Y Amigas and waited tables in West Palm Beach, Fla., in the early 1980s.

My rule is at least 20 %, often 25%, and even if I sit at the bar and have a glass of water, minimum tip in all circumstances is $3 per person.

Your first post in this conversation makes me wary of these claims. It's a very Karen move.

You were a host. You know that disrupts section seating.

Male host? Is that like a male nurse?

Those folks in water bombers have balls of solid steel.

Guys and gals alike.
A long time ago a much younger version of me was out in the Mojave on flight test at a private airfield that was one of many pilot training fields hurried into service in WW2. We got notice from the administrative office that a C-54 water bomber wanted to do a fly by. The pilot in command had done flight training at that field in WW2 and was on his final flight and wanted to end where he started. They of course said absolutely and got the word out to the field. The runway was lined with people.

When he did his pass right down the runway he was maybe 200 ft off the deck and had to have the throttles firewalled as he screamed by. At the end of the runway he pulled up sharply and stood this huge 4 engine radial on its tail and climbed to a near stall. Did a rudder kick and pointed it straight down and pulled out level then lowered to under a hundred feet off the deck, I kid you not, for his second even faster pass with all that momentum, and opened the bomber doors midway down the runway. Got to the end of the runway, wagged the wings, and flew into retirement.

Dude could fly.

VN Store

Back