Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

University just cancelled my honor band. I had several kids withdraw due to positive tests, and a couple of my staff are quarantined as well. My secretary's husband is in the ICU at Johns Hopkins.

Oof. Well, I've got the weekend free now.

A pox on you guys who were complaining about it being warm in the winter. It's cold outside. Just took the garbage out for tomorrow pickup and got the mail ... at least today it was delivered while it was semi light outside.

How the valve replacement going? Feeling good?

Reactions: McDad
If true I am going to be so angry. This is from Basillo

“Tennessee Is Self Mandating Scholarship Reductions … How they’ve gotten there is by aging out those that have left and encouraging others to hit the portal. I hear Tennessee has hovered around a number in the low 70’s dating back to the beginning of each semester. The first day of classes Tennessee must be at their desired scholarship number. I hear the number is somewhere between 72-74 which will leave Tennessee locked out of the transfer market as they’re already at their number as you read this.
“The only way Tennessee could add a player like Trelon Smith is to either cut an existing player from their roster and thus send someone into the portal or encourage an early enrollee freshman to not enroll until May.”

“Tennessee Is Self Mandating Scholarship Reductions … How they’ve gotten there is by aging out those that have left and encouraging others to hit the portal. I hear Tennessee has hovered around a number in the low 70’s dating back to the beginning of each semester. The first day of classes Tennessee must be at their desired scholarship number. I hear the number is somewhere between 72-74 which will leave Tennessee locked out of the transfer market as they’re already at their number as you read this.
“The only way Tennessee could add a player like Trelon Smith is to either cut an existing player from their roster and thus send someone into the portal or encourage an early enrollee freshman to not enroll until May.”
Thankfully it is Basillo which means it's likely wrong.

How the valve replacement going? Feeling good?

It's going very well. Some changes were immediate - like the breathing problems that I thought was just me and occasional asthma issues - it wasn't in this case. Beginning to feel the motivation and energy to tackle some projects that I didn't want to face. That's a double edged sword with a wife - "If you can do this then you could have done that"

The stories I've read were speculation about NCAA changes that would favor TN. Like the new thought that rules infractions should go after the coaches and not "innocent" players. That's reasonable; but if players knowing benefit, they aren't exactly innocents either. But, hey, it wouldn't be Tennessee football without a rampant rumor mill - and news does seem to be mostly rumor and opinion these days.

We've supposedly self-imposed a scholarship reduction as part of our punishment for Pruitt's misdeeds. We have 1 or 2 open scholarships we can fill without going over the desired number, but otherwise, we have to wait until Spring to add more players. May not matter as we've gone 0 for 3 on portal targets. Missed out on a DE that chose FSU, missed out on a RB that chose SCar, and the one player who committed to us, a WR, flipped to Texas today (technically yesterday). So to sum up, we may be able to add a player or two now, but we'll have to wait until Spring to add more. We're left to hope the coaches can coach up the players they have.

Personally, I think we'll be okay on offense next year, but I expect our defense won't see much if any improvement. And it could be worse. We'll see.

Reactions: AM64
Last edited:
A pox on you guys who were complaining about it being warm in the winter. It's cold outside. Just took the garbage out for tomorrow pickup and got the mail ... at least today it was delivered while it was semi light outside.
You have 8 months of summer to be warm. I get at best 3 months of decent cold.

Reactions: tntar heel
Gonna have to dust off my copy of Fight Club tonight in tribute to Meatloaf.

"His name was Robert Paulson."
Paradise By the Dashboard Light was a staple at every party in our frat. It got to the point where it was fairly well choreographed. guys on one side paired up with girls on the other - obviously not played until late into the party.

Paradise By the Dashboard Light was a staple at every party in our frat. It got to the point where it was fairly well choreographed. guys on one side paired up with girls on the other - obviously not played until late into the party.
Probably my favorite song by him, but he has many good ones. The stuff he performed for Rocky Horror Picture Show was really good, too. Thanks to having older Gen X siblings I was exposed to his music when I likely would not have been otherwise.

Reactions: LouderVol
Probably my favorite song by him, but he has many good ones. The stuff he performed for Rocky Horror Picture Show was really good, too. Thanks to having older Gen X siblings I was exposed to his music when I likely would not have been otherwise.

He was the first to bring "opera" to rock & roll. He started out on the stage.

He was one of a kind. There's a good reason why that album is one of the top sellers of all time.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back