Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I think VOLS football may have number one signing class in the country. (maybe 2 or 3 edit) We just got another five star. And Basketball not far behind. Hope they can figure out sports this year, even if it has to be without fans.

Last edited:
Off topic - don't know if any of you follow recruiting, but heading over to that forum is worth it. Pruitt is absolutely killing it. A couple more offseasons of COVID-19 lockdowns and we should be back in the thick of championships.

He is crushing it. Hope I am alive in 2022 and he is here to coach that season.

Off topic - don't know if any of you follow recruiting, but heading over to that forum is worth it. Pruitt is absolutely killing it. A couple more offseasons of COVID-19 lockdowns and we should be back in the thick of championships.
If thats all it take, then we need to be cooking up a witch's brew of covid for the next decade.

Glad you are safe and sound. Are you back home yet?

Thank you for your thoughts . We got home last Tuesday and later that day power was restored with Fiber being restored this morning. Missed the draft, but purchased an over the air antennae and caught up on Chips and Magnum PI...lol. My phone has been on one bar at home location so internet has been almost worthless, although I have occasionally been able to check in for a short time.

Back online ....WooHoo.

Guys...

To say that CJP has us ON FIRE recruiting right now is not an exaggeration.

I have been consistent in posting in this thread over the last couple years about how he had done an AMAZING job of recruiting good players..but more importantly filling the HOLES in our roster. 13 big uglies in the 2019 class shored up our lines. Including 5 star bookends at OT. He followed that with the 2020 class by getting 2 bluechip WR, a slew of 4star LB, and a handful of big, fast DB to make our defense solid and add much needed speed all around.

This class is different. We dont have any glaring holes in the roster. We actually have talented depth at most positions. What does he do? Starts landing 5 stars to help us get more talented at spots. This will be a top 5 class IMO when all is said and done. He may have to tell some of the 3 star kids we have committed to look elsewhere honestly...though the 3 star kids all seem to be big, fast players that were overlooked by the services. I believe Pruitt thinks most of them should be or even will be 4 stars soon.

Amazing recruiters on staff. We are finally gonna be able to compete with the big boys soon. Finally be back to having a team ALWAYS ranked in the top 25. Finally.

Thank you Lord...and thanks CJP and staff.

Just went and watched a video from the 5 star OLB signed yesterday and he says look for another big announcement today? We only have 15 commits so far...so we have room. Just in the last week or so, we have added 2qty. 5 stars...2qty. 4 stars...and a 3star juco RB from the ole Vol Pipeline of Hutchinson CC in Kansas. For whatever reason we have pulled good athletes from HCC since I was a kid. I think there is a VFL on staff there? Generally speaking, a 3 star JUCO kid can contribute at a much higher level than a 3 star HS kid. They have had a year or 2 in a college strength and conditioning...as well as playing better athletes than in HS. Hopefully he can contribute at at RB...

Last edited:
Does it make me a bad person when my first thought after reading the Brian Mauer thread in the FF was "Ah crap, another headcase QB"?

My house, been here about a month and been working my ass off. This place had been neglected for many years and I’ve been trying to bring it back to its glory years. That’s explains my absence from here.

What year was it built? Late 60's/Early 70's?

VN Store

Back