Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

When I retired, I was going back & forth to the bank so much for cash to spend. I finally got smart one day & got a debit card to use instead of the actual $$ bills to pay with. I love the debit card. I hardly ever go to the bank anymore as I have direct deposit.

Like every bicycle I've ever owned has been stolen, every credit and debit card has been pilfered by crooks. Nowadays it's just a matter of when...

Banks aren't required to reimburse you for fraudulent debit card purchases as you probably know, I've had that happen once at Publix where fortunately it was only a bag of groceries. I never sign the cards anywhere, I just write "CHECK ID" with a sharpie, I like to believe it works but who knows.

Meanwhile, the amount of spam calls I have been receiving this weeks is absolutely out of control. Evidently there is a warrant out for my arrest (something having to do with my social security number) AND my car's warranty needs to be extended.

Rough combo.
I think i have more blocked numbers than i do contacts in my phone.

Lol. Grateful to say I never have.
We’ll get this. This happened about 10 years ago. I spoke with my mom about it right after it happened on my landline. As I was talking my mom said hold on I have another call on her call waiting. It was her number calling her. I kid you not. I even called my provider and they had no explanation.

Reactions: McDad
Yes....That happened to me a lot last year....my landline home number calling my house. It's a scam by crooks.
I couldn't figure out how the heck that was happening.......???
Yea mine was long time ago and it was not as widely known. It was extr bizarre for it to happen to my mom 10 minutes after it happened to me and while I was talking to her.
Now I just get caller id’s from who knows who. Got a call from some guy saying he saw my number in his wife’s ID and thought I might be having an affair with her.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Gonna have 2 mortgages for a while. Closing on a 4K sf home with 10 acres next month. Getting my home ready to sell, doing lots of upgrades and it’s looking good.

Reactions: ETV and 1972 Grad
I think i have more blocked numbers than i do contacts in my phone.
I started letting my baby girl answer unknown numbers a few years ago. I rarely get any now😄. I did hear one guy yelling "your daddy" one time. She kept saying "you're not my daddy, he's sitting here". Dude finally hung up.

Reactions: McDad
Gonna have 2 mortgages for a while. Closing on a 4K sf home with 10 acres next month. Getting my home ready to sell, doing lots of upgrades and it’s looking good.

10 acres cleared or w/ timber? Either way, time to start shopping for a tractor if you don't already have one.

Yea mine was long time ago and it was not as widely known. It was extr bizarre for it to happen to my mom 10 minutes after it happened to me and while I was talking to her.
Now I just get caller id’s from who knows who. Got a call from some guy saying he saw my number in his wife’s ID and thought I might be having an affair with her.

That's a big Lulz.....should have told him hell yeah. What's cha gonna do about it...

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back