Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Oh I’m sure. Although in this setting I’m not sure if the guy let her still practice on him or not.
I won’t let servers have long nails bc of public health concerns but the medical profession is letting them jam them up people’s arses? Makes sense. And what I mean by long nails is if you show me the palm side of your hand , and I can see your nails, then they have to go.

So after losing my brother dad and pappaw back to back...my mom had to go in for surgery to get a pacemaker last week. Doctor punctured her lung with a needle apparently and 48 hours later her lung collapsed at home...911 back to Blount Memorial to get a chest tube etc..the trauma from that caused a heart failure. ICU for a couple days...she did well though and gets to go home today.

Granny (wife of recently deceased Msgt. Webb ) had to go 911 from passing out. Long story short...her kidneys failed. Nothing they can do except dialysis..she tried it a couple times then quit eating. She says no mas. Sending her home tonight with hospice and they say 1 week or less. Love her very much.

So for those keeping score... I had 2 brothers, 2 parents, and 2 Gparents little over a year ago.

In a week I will have 1 brother, 1 mom...and that's it. Thankful for mom doing better even though at this point I think she has no desire to live. Her husband and both parents now gone in a very short period of time.

God doesn't make mistakes...and we operate on His clock. From here it feels pretty bad though. I am honestly still kinda numb from it all and get hit by waves of grief sometimes from nowhere. Doing my best to keep depression at bay for my kids. I dont even really want to be here anymore but checking out isn't an option with kids. There is more to life than just pain...but I dont remember what it actually feels like. Surreal.

I’m so sorry to hear this Marcus. This sounds like an incredibly tough time for you and your family. It’s always a good idea to reach out for help.

I won’t let servers have long nails bc of public health concerns but the medical profession is letting them jam them up people’s arses? Makes sense. And what I mean by long nails is if you show me your palms, and I can see your nails, then they have to go.

No I’m sure it is not allowed. They’re generally not supposed to have even nail polish in the hospital.

Reactions: volfanhill
The doctor that did my last one died a couple of years ago, and I have 2 interesting prostate exam stories involving him. The time before last, I went into the office on Halloween, to get something done, plus a prostate exam. The girls behind the desk were dressed for Halloween. I was sitting in the office and I saw him walk by in the back going into an exam room, wearing a complete yellow Big Bird outfit with feet.

When the girl called my name, she asked what I was there for, and I told her whatever it was plus my prostate exam, but "I'll be damned if I'm going to let Big Bird have his way with me." I scheduled that for later.

When I went back, and was in the middle of the exam, I said to him..."I don't enjoy this as much as you would think." To that he replied..."I don't enjoy it either," and I said "I hope to Hell not."
I have to make some changes to this story. The Halloween part is as told, but I went to bed about 20 minutes ago, and was thinking of the prostate exam, and had to get back up and tell more of what I remembered. It's a funnier story, now that I remembered the actual conversation. .

First of all, the doctor was a short, heavyset man with short, fat fingers. I had gone to him for some time, and had played golf with him, so he wasn't a stranger. We are in the middle of the exam, and I'm trying to keep from peeing on myself while he is doing the digital rectal exam. So, I broke the ice and said.....

Me: "Well, what do you think Doc? Does it feel enlarged or anything?"
Doc: "Well, it's hard to tell."

Me: Exact quote: "What are we doing here with your finger up my ass, if you can't tell anything about it?"
Doc: "I'm not enjoying this any more than you are."

Me: "I sure as hell hope not."

Back to bed.

Meanwhile, the amount of spam calls I have been receiving this weeks is absolutely out of control. Evidently there is a warrant out for my arrest (something having to do with my social security number) AND my car's warranty needs to be extended.

Rough combo.

Reactions: McDad
Impressive did not know it was even possible
Too early for Sep for Prez?

I didn't think it was possible either. The irony is that my wife pays all the bills and hers is 832, I popped off about it and now I have to watch that she does pays, she may send the cc bill a few days past due just to put the screws to me.

I didn't think it was possible either. The irony is that my wife pays all the bills and hers is 832, I popped off about it and now I have to watch that she does pays, she may send the cc bill a few days past due just to put the screws to me.
Did you ever look at that Equifax or Experian hack to see if you were affected? I was and pay to monitor my credit. There is a class lawsuit right now and I actually signed up a few months ago. They offer free credit monitoring thru another agency but gave not heard back yet . Oh the irony.

Did you ever look at that Equifax or Experian hack to see if you were affected? I was and pay to monitor my credit. There is a class lawsuit right now and I actually signed up a few months ago. They offer free credit monitoring thru another agency but gave not heard back yet . Oh the irony.

I was and actually put in for the reimbursement that I'll never see.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood

My wife pays all the bills too. That's why I didn't know what my score was......I forget to check.
My score was a lot higher back in Oct of 2019 @ 833. My CC balance is $5.46.

I put in as well and do not expect anything. I will take the 2-3 year free monitoring though as I am paying $25 a month.

Wow......... that's a lot of cash for that to be charged. I was on one free for a year but that ended late last year.
They wanted me to sign up for some kind of amount but I said No thanks.

Wow......... that's a lot of cash for that to be charged. I was on one free for a year but that ended late last year.
They wanted me to sign up for some kind of amount but I said No thanks.
It is more if a premium plan that gives you real time credit monitoring, notifications and some other stuff I cannot remember. It might be like $15 month. It just goes to my cc.

My wife pays all the bills too. That's why I didn't know what my score was......I forget to check.
My score was a lot higher back in Oct of 2019 @ 833. My CC balance is $5.46.

I'm torn between the unprotected convenience of using debit cards and my 8.5% apr Visa credit card that offers fraud protection. I rarely carry cash anymore.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I'm torn between the unprotected convenience of using debit cards and my 8.5% apr Visa credit card that offers fraud protection. I rarely carry cash anymore.

When I retired, I was going back & forth to the bank so much for cash to spend. I finally got smart one day & got a debit card to use instead of the actual $$ bills to pay with. I love the debit card. I hardly ever go to the bank anymore as I have direct deposit.

VN Store

Back