Official Global Warming thread (merged)

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.
Fact: the average global temp is rising each year.
Fact: it is shrinking glaciers and ice caps around the world.

This will raise the ocean water level. Where do you think that water is going to go?

I have a friend who is a climate scientist and works for the climate prediction center. We always have a good time laughing at all the climate change alarmists.

I live at 900 ft above sea level.

Better question: where do Barack and Michelle Obama think it will go?
I have a place at Cape San Blas, Florida that is 15 feet above sea level, and about 120 yards back from the Gulf of Mexico. If this thing goes down like the climate change alarmists say, I might have a chance of being oceanfront in my lifetime. Cool!

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.
Fact: the average global temp is rising each year.
Fact: it is shrinking glaciers and ice caps around the world.

This will raise the ocean water level. Where do you think that water is going to go?
ZqAQtvL.jpg
These were all wrong, but I'm sure you're right this time!

View attachment 240650
These were all wrong, but I'm sure you're right this time!
That copy/paste has nothing to do what I posted with originality. Take it from me, you should go to glacier national park. If you have kids or grandkids take them. Take plenty of pics. That way they can look at them when they are gone and say they were there.

Last edited:
That copy/paste has nothing to do what I posted with originality. Take it from me, you should go to glacier national park. If you have kids or grandkids take them. Take plenty of pics. That way they can look at them when they are gone and say they were there.
And Al Gore literally said they'd be gone years ago. I'm not denying there are changes, I just think it's silly with all the fear mongering. I mean if you sincerely believe that, then there's no point in taking pictures. AOC says we're all dead in 12 years, so how am I gonna show them? Unless of course she's just fear mongering herself?

there used to be a glacier as far south as Blacksburg VA. It disappeared long before humans

You should be much more concerned about an asteroid strike or large volcanic eruption making things COLDER and causing crop failures and a mini ice age that could bring lots of death to this earth. Worrying about a tiny amount of carbon that humans produce is akin to fretting over pi$$ing in the Tennessee river and being concerned about causing a flood. Relax and enjoy life.

You forgot Jesus returning and also the end of the world in Dec. of 2012.
That's what's ironic to me. Most people I know who mock Christians for their beliefs about that, believe the end of the world climate people every time they claim it even though they've never been right.

That's what's ironic to me. Most people I know who mock Christians for their beliefs about that, believe the end of the world climate people every time they claim it even though they've never been right.

That sword cuts both ways. It's also a logical fallacy to say that because someone has been wrong in the past they're probably wrong now.

Nobody is disputing that. It’s the rate at which it is warming in such a short amount of time. What took hundreds if not thousands of years back then is taking decades now. It’s warming exponentially. #science

This is not true. 10,000 years ago, coming out of the last ice age, the earth experienced two extinction level spikes and crashes in temperature. These two events happened within 1,400 years of each other. In these events, at one point, there was a single decade where temperatures rose 15 to 20 degrees Celsius. Ocean levels rose 400 feet! You're worried about our man made contributions to a 0.8 degree celcius overall increase over two centuries?!?!

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
This is not true. 10,000 years ago, coming out of the last ice age, the earth experienced two extinction level spikes and crashes in temperature. These two events happened within 1,400 years of each other. In these events, at one point, there was a single decade where temperatures rose 15 to 20 degrees Celsius. Ocean levels rose 400 feet! You're worried about our man made contributions to a 0.8 degree celcius overall increase over two centuries?!?!

And if these anomalous spikes don't count in your mind, we can then take into account the relatively extreme temperature variations coming into and out of the little ice age. This is much more recent, with temperature variations (2 to 4 degrees celcius over time periods of decades) that were well above what we've experienced the last couple of centuries. And there would have been no industrial contributions to these variations either.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Whichever side of the "climate debate" you fall on, you probably would agree that this activity is not good for college football. (Even if it is limited to the liberal northeast colleges). That being said, I propose that there should be a rule that any school hosting a game event will forfeit the game to the visiting opponent. This puts the onus back on the school hosting the event to make it clear that such behavior won't be tolerated.

You do not know what you are talking about, and don't seem to care.

You're absolutely right. Guess I'll get on board, surely AOC is right this time, and we're all dead in less than 12 years. Unless!!! We eat the babies now!!😄
Bernie said the other day we only have 8-9 years left then there will be climate change refugees (his words). 😢

I’m going to miss you Joe.

VN Store

Back