Official Coaching Search Thread

I AM FOR CHADWELL AS HEAD COACH AND STEELE AS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!!

CHADWELL'S SPREAD OFFENSE MAY OFFER THE FASTEST TURN AROUND FOR TENNESSEE!
WITH SUPER TALENTED DUELTHREAT QUARTERBACK,SALTER, COMING IN, OUR OFFENSE SHOULD EXCELL. MAURER COULD ALSO FLOURISH UNDER CHADWELL'S SYSTEM.
THEN KEEP STEELE FOR OUR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR AND OUR DEFENSE SHOULD ALSO BE VASTLY IMPROVED!

Finebaum is a bammer homer not fit to be trusted......I know he says he attended TN, yet he is bammer through and through

Simply not true. Anyone who watches the show regularly can tell you Finebaum isn't a bammer. He's made it clear numerous times over the past decade of his love for TN. He calls out bad hires and praises what little good has happened to TN.

Reactions: DWright39
Jeff Fisher will be our next head coach. I'm connecting dots. Son was under Steele at Auburn. We hired Steele. Fisher is huge friend of Peyton Manning, Fisher could easily out recruit Smart and Mullen . Possibly even Saban . Fisher has been involved with the SEC since his son has been at Auburn and the interest in UT I believe is mutual. That's my prediction and opinion. I would be elated to get him. Enough of these up and comers.
Remember Saban and Carroll were failures in the NFL first go round. Fisher was actually successful .
Cone on over Jeff Fisher.

Reactions: blackflag
Im on the Jerod Mayo train, young guy, up and coming in the NFL ranks, knows Tennessee football and tradition. Just interviewed for the Eagles HC position. I could definitely get behind him as a fan. Also like the idea of Charles Davis as AD but thats just me.

Charles Davis is definitely my #1 choice for AD. Don't know his chances but I would be siked with him as our AD. He loves TN through and through and would do everything possible to get us back to winning.

Reactions: A-RodWiLks
Kiffin is not going to come here. Ole Miss is a better job right now.
kiffin would jump at the chance. got a lot to prove. I enjoyed his time here. We need to at least see if he's interested. I believed in him to get us on track, and I believe he's the best coach since forever.

Reactions: DWright39
I don't think many want to hear this but I doubt they are even looking for a new head coach. The "waiting until we hire a new AD" is just a stalling tactic. Kevin Steele is our new head coach. I wish him well but I ain't on board with him or whoever (if I'm wrong about Steele) until I see actual wins in a few years time.

Since out late 90's heydays, we've had Kiffen, Dooley, Butch, and now Pruitt. None of em' could do it!

I do not feel Freeze will let us down. He is really the only safe pick I can see taking us to the level we desire. All others are gambles like the above were.

Freeze is a gamble as well, but odds are in his favor.

I don't think many want to hear this but I doubt they are even looking for a new head coach. The "waiting until we hire a new AD" is just a stalling tactic. Kevin Steele is our new head coach. I wish him well but I ain't on board with him or whoever (if I'm wrong about Steele) until I see actual wins in a few years time.
Kevin Steele will not sell tickets and the stadium would be an embarrassment.

Kiffin is not going to come here. Ole Miss is a better job right now.
Hahahahahha. Even with NCAA sanctions, we blow the doors off Ol Piss with the right staff in place. For the love of God, just look at the QB position only. Hahahahaha, you are a funny person.

So if this was you or your son , you’d still agree no? I’m just saying he paid the time time. Been out of the sec for years now. Can’t banish a man forever . Even our lord will let us into heaven after asking for forgiveness. Sorry for going there and apologize if you don’t believe but I do and just making a point.
Liberty, christian school, forgivness, second chances,and 10-1.

My list is pretty much like most I've seen
1. Freeze (probably won't happen) but I'll still list him
2. Billy Napier
3. Herman
4. Gus
5. Chadwell
6. Steele
I also have Kiffin mixed in there somewhere

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Who will be the next full-time Tennessee football coach?

• Billy Napier +300
  • Jamey Chadwell +400
  • Kevin Steele +500
  • Tom Herman +700
  • Hugh Freeze +800
  • Bill Clark +1000
  • Gus Malzahn +1200
  • Doug Marrone +1400
  • Dave Doeren +1500
  • Tony Elliott +1700
  • Jeff Fisher +2000
  • Bill O'Brien +2200
  • Joe Brady +2500

Reactions: JoAllan
Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Who will be the next full-time Tennessee football coach?

• Billy Napier +300
  • Jamey Chadwell +400
  • Kevin Steele +500
  • Tom Herman +700
  • Hugh Freeze +800
  • Bill Clark +1000
  • Gus Malzahn +1200
  • Doug Marrone +1400
  • Dave Doeren +1500
  • Tony Elliott +1700
  • Jeff Fisher +2000
  • Bill O'Brien +2200
  • Joe Brady +2500
putting my entire retirement on Bill OBrien because we all know that's the route this administration is going to take

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
I would LOVE Jeff Fisher to be hired here... The people that talk bad about him have no idea how to contextuualize what he's gone through fighting the process of moving TWO NFL teams, a crazy GM destroying the salary cap in the mid '00s, and an owner drafting a mentally retarded QB from Texas...

Dude is a great football mind...

5 winning seasons in 22. He's not that good. Even a blind pig can find an acorn in the woods once in awhile.

Reactions: vettefool
kiffin would jump at the chance. got a lot to prove. I enjoyed his time here. We need to at least see if he's interested. I believed in him to get us on track, and I believe he's the best coach since forever.
Fake news...he is not bolting. Notice he is quiet. Because he does like us and feels bad for leaving but does not want to poke the bear and get any hopes up. Ole Miss is far superior job for the last decade.

• Billy Napier +300
  • Jamey Chadwell +400
  • Kevin Steele +500
  • Tom Herman +700
  • Hugh Freeze +800
  • Bill Clark +1000
  • Gus Malzahn +1200
  • Doug Marrone +1400
  • Dave Doeren +1500
  • Tony Elliott +1700
  • Jeff Fisher +2000
  • Bill O'Brien +2200
  • Joe Brady +2500
Really hope it's Napier. My head says nope and Steele is even money. Really, what coach will want to take the job and have to accept Steele and perhaps Garner on the staff. Napier wants complete control I don't see that at UT with the way things are set up at the moment.

VN Store

Back