SEC teams:

Florida 2 seed
Kentucky 2 seed
Texas A&M 3 seed
Alabama 8 seed
Arkansas 8 seed
Tennessee 10 seed
Missouri 11 seed

Interesting...give it a couple of weeks and see how much higher our seed projects. I'm thinking 6 seed.

too funny...these people actually get paid for this...good gig...definitely believe we'll get in...might even be a higher seed...we'll see...destroyed Mercer last night and they're actually pretty good...:yes:

PS. already have a good resume started...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too funny...these people actually get paid for this...good gig...definitely believe we'll get in...might even be a higher seed...we'll see...destroyed Mercer last night and they're actually pretty good...:yes:

PS. already have a good resume started...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed...Mercer is projected to be in the tournament. Which would mean we have played 3 teams projected to be in the tournament and are 2-1 against them.

Georgia helped the conference rpi by winning today at Marquette.

Ole Miss could've done the same last night but lost a late double digit lead vs Virginia Tech. Fell in OT.

Not sure if ever

Yeah, I don't think they ever have. Last time the SEC was thought of this well in basketball, it was a 64-team field (may have been 65 with the extra at-large spot...can't remember when that started) and it was before conference expansion. Six teams was pretty much the maximum a conference could get in...I remember the Big Ten getting seven one year during that time because somebody stole the automatic bid and everybody freaked out at how ridiculous it was that one league would get seven teams.

Yeah, I don't think they ever have. Last time the SEC was thought of this well in basketball, it was a 64-team field (may have been 65 with the extra at-large spot...can't remember when that started) and it was before conference expansion. Six teams was pretty much the maximum a conference could get in...I remember the Big Ten getting seven one year during that time because somebody stole the automatic bid and everybody freaked out at how ridiculous it was that one league would get seven teams.

ACC got 9 last year, Big 10 and Big East both got 8 in, so 7 definitely doesn’t seem like a stretch at all.

Next bracket not until Thursday, but in the mood for an updated seed list now (CAPS=AQ): 01-DUKE, 02-KU, 03-NOVA, 04-MichSt, 05-Unc, 06-NDame, 07-WICH, 08-A&M, 09-Fla, 10-Ky, 11-UVa, 12-Xav, 13-Miami, 14-PURD, 15-ZAGA, 16-Wvu ...17-Cincy, 18-SHall, 19-Minn, 20-ZONA, 21-Lville, 22-Bay, 23-Asu, 24-SoCal, 25-NEV, 26-Tcu, 27-Tenn, 28-TTech, 29-Smu, 30-Texas, 31-Creigh, 32-URI, 33-Okla, 34-Ark, 35-Fsu, 36-Bama, 37-Ucla, 38-Cuse, 39-Md, 40-Prov, 41-StMary, 42-VaTech ...(Last Four In) 43-Mizzou, 44-Mich, 45-Temple, 46-Clem, 47-UTA, 48-VALPO, 49-BUCK, 50-VERM, 51-BELM, 52-MTSU, 53-BUFF, 54-NMSU, 55-CHAR, 56-OAK, 57-UNCA, 58-MERCER, 59-FGCU, 60-SODAKST, 61-IONA, 62-YALE, 63-UCSB, 64-IDAHO, 65-SFA, 66-STFRAN(PA), 67-TEXSO, 68-NCCU.

FIRST OUT: Butler, Georgia, NoIowa, NCState. NEXT OUT: KState, Utah, Oregon, Northwestern. FOUR MORE: UNLV, Wazzu, Auburn, St. John's.

MULTI-BID: ACC (10), Big 12 (7), SEC (7), Big East (5), Big Ten (5), AAC (4), Pac-12 (4), WCC (2).

-Joe Lunardi

That would have Vols as a 7 seed

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back