Official Bracketology Thread

Added an element where I specifically weight Q1 Away wins. Is a little closer to what consensus seems to be

1 - 1)Virginia 2)Villanova 3)UNC 4)Xavier
2 - 8)Duke 7)Purdue 6)Kansas 5)Auburn
3 - 9)Cincy 10)TX Tech 11)MSU 12)Tenn
4 - 16)Nev 15)Wich St 14)WVU 13)Arizona

The fact that Barnes is matter-of-factly talking about not being thrilled with SEC championship game on Sunday due to the NCAA tournament is kind of wonderful to me.

Move the SECT tournament up a week. Those teams that make the NCAAT get an extra week of rest. Hopefully they perform better in the NCAAT.

Reactions: 1 person
The Big 10 moved their conference tourney up a week this year.

The conference tourney could be important for us for seeding reason. I hope we can win the next three games so if he decides to mail it in (not sure he would but I know other coaches have admitted to it before) for the SECT we're still in position for a 3 seed...

Which coaches have admitted mailing it in?

I feel like Calipari has before, but that may just be how he constantly says he couldn't care less about it.

Very possible. He’s the only one arrogant enough to admit mailing it in that I could think of. But I wouldn’t be surprised to learn of a slew of coaches going there.

Which coaches have admitted mailing it in?

I feel like I’ve heard both Calipari and Roy Williams both makes comments to that effect - maybe not flat out saying they mail it in, but definitely de-emphasizing the tournament and resting up for the NCAAT. I’ve also heard some writers say they know other coaches that think that way. One stat I’ve heard mentioned that fewer than half of NCAA champions since 1985 have won their conference tournament

I feel like I’ve heard both Calipari and Roy Williams both makes comments to that effect - maybe not flat out saying they mail it in, but definitely de-emphasizing the tournament and resting up for the NCAAT. I’ve also heard some writers say they know other coaches that think that way. One stat I’ve heard mentioned that fewer than half of NCAA champions since 1985 have won their conference tournament

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok we know the committee takes into account injuries. It's time we asked the question how they will treat a team that has lost a key member to this FBI mess.

Ok we know the committee takes into account injuries. It's time we asked the question how they will treat a team that has lost a key member to this FBI mess.

How will they treat a team for losing a key piece like Zach Kent to a terrible injury resulting in a redshirt?

VN Store

Back