Official Bracketology Thread

Right now I think we’re slightly ahead of Arizona for the last 3 seed

And they don't play anyone worth a darn the rest of the way.

Does the PAC12 have a tourney?

If not I bet we can't stay ahead of them without a few wins in st loius.

And they don't play anyone worth a darn the rest of the way.

Does the PAC12 have a tourney?

If not I bet we can't stay ahead of them without a few wins in st loius.

They do. And t it’s only a 2 team race. Imo USC or Arizona

South Carolina, LSU, Georgia and Mississippi State all being inside the Top 75 is big for our Q1&Q2 numbers...would be nice if those teams can stick in the Top 75.

If NC State could sneak into the Top 50 that would be huge as well.

South Carolina, LSU, Georgia and Mississippi State all being inside the Top 75 is big for our Q1&Q2 numbers...would be nice if those teams can stick in the Top 75.

If NC State could sneak into the Top 50 that would be huge as well.

Woudnt we want Georgia to fall out of it?

Seems like we don't want that loss counting in our Q1 record. Same might end up happening with MSU

Woudnt we want Georgia to fall out of it?

Seems like we don't want that loss counting in our Q1 record. Same might end up happening with MSU

A Q1 loss looks better than a Q2 loss from my understanding...the old “better loss” type of deal, you’re gonna get rewarded for having more Q1&Q2 games whether wins or losses.

A Q1 loss looks better than a Q2 loss from my understanding...the old “better loss” type of deal, you’re gonna get rewarded for having more Q1&Q2 games whether wins or losses.

Seems logical but I asked golf and he said we needed to have beaten Ga on the road but lose to them at home if we were going 1-1

Seems logical but I asked golf and he said we needed to have beaten Ga on the road but lose to them at home if we were going 1-1

You’re going to get more credit for a win than for a loss, but you’re not going to get penalized for a good loss either...so essentially he’s saying you get more credit for a Q1 wiin and Q2 loss than Q2 win and Q1 loss.

You’re going to get more credit for a win than for a loss, but you’re not going to get penalized for a good loss either...so essentially he’s saying you get more credit for a Q1 wiin and Q2 loss than Q2 win and Q1 loss.

Georgia could be a Q2 loss and win if they fall out.

Oh well it's late and this confused me more

Seems extremely likely to me we end up a 4 seed. Now with that said

What teams are sitting around that 13 seed mark right now?

1 - 1)Virginia 2)Villanova 3)UNC 4)Auburn
2 - 8)Purdue 7)Cincinnati 6)Xavier 5)Kansas
3 - 9)Duke 10)Texas Tech 11)MSU 12)Tenn
4 - 16)Hous 15)Nevada 14)Wichita 13)WVU

This is assuming UT finishes 2-1

No Arizona?

This is just my basic formula based on what the committee originally released. They're 17th.

5-2 against Q1 teams, 4-2 against Q2. ~20th in quality ranks. Projected to finish with an RPI of 19.

However if I were to make adjustments based on what I think will happen, I'd say Arizona is a 4. Probably right behind us. I don't think they should have been in the original top 4, but the committee clearly favors them.

So the worst we can finish the regular season now is 20-10 (10-8). If before the season started, they said that would but Ut record, there is not ONE poster on this board who wouldn’t have been thrilled with that result coming into the season. 22-8 (12-6) is more likely now of course, but man... some bright days on Rocky Top right now!! GBO!

Reactions: 2 people
This is just my basic formula based on what the committee originally released. They're 17th.

5-2 against Q1 teams, 4-2 against Q2. ~20th in quality ranks. Projected to finish with an RPI of 19.

However if I were to make adjustments based on what I think will happen, I'd say Arizona is a 4. Probably right behind us. I don't think they should have been in the original top 4, but the committee clearly favors them.

Agree, and I won't be surprised to see UK sneak in there too if they finish undefeated, which is entirely possible. That would give them an RPI in the mid-teens, a 22-9 record, a 13-9 record against Q1 and Q2 teams (assuming wins vs Mizzou and @UF).

Committee loves them too, and the brackets already give them a lot of leeway.

Lunardi has us as the 4 seed in the East playing Buffalo. Clemson the 5 seed playing Loyola-Chicago (who beat UF in Gainesville). Nova the 1 seed, Duke the 2, Texas Tech the 3.

Kentucky up to the 5 in the Midwest. :rolleyes:

Auburn 2 South
Florida 7 Midwest
Missouri 7 East
Alabama 8 South
Texas A&M 9 West
Arkansas 9 East

Lundardi has Baylor as an 11 seed playing in Nashville, and MTSU as an 11 seed playing in Dallas. Neither are playing a Top 4 seed, thus those seeds aren't "protected" from playing at a home-disadvantage. And based on the committee trying to keep teams as close to home as possible, why would he not switch this and have MTSU play in Nashville against Butler, and Baylor play in Dallas against FSU?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back