Official Boxing thread

200.gif

I had fury winning but with as close as the first few rounds were I could see it being a 8-4 draw so it's not that crazy. The only thing that made me shake my head was a judge having it 115-111 wilder

Really bad decision. Fury was in a different league.

Still not sure how he survived the 12th though. Dude got up like the undertaker.
That's exactly how one of the Live Updates site described Fury getting up, like the Undertaker, at the count of 9. I didn't watch it, but everything I read from posters in the RF and several boxing sites said Fury put on a boxing clinic and won almost every round but the 2 knockdown rounds. Still, sounded like an entertaining fight, can't wait to watch the replay next week on Showtime. It's been a long time since a heavyweight fight has been relevant with an American participating in it.

I scored Fury as winning every round except the two he got knocked down in, so.. yeah. It's tough because Fury didn't seem to land any punches that did real damage. He just outboxed Wilder. I haven't seen much of Wilder but a technician he is not. Powerful punches for his weight though .

Let's see if Fury goes for the rematch or fades away again.

Haven’t been in this thread for a while but decided to check back before the Loma fight. Now having read the Fury-Wilder comments I agree with those that said Fury was robbed once it got to the judges but not one person mentioned the fact that the ref didn’t start the count when Fury went down. He got up like the Undertaker but it would’ve been about at 13 or 14 if the count was close to correct

If anyone is interested the last HBO boxing broadcast was tonight. DVR'd it so haven't watched it yet because the fights looked trash but apparently they're doing something after the last fight as I guess a goodbye

My current favorite boxer, Errol Spence Jr. fights Mikey Garcia on March 16th. Garcia is moving up 2 weight classes and imo, doesn't have a chance to win and will probably get KO'd. Of course, I've been wrong before, rarely, but it has happened. Any opinions, boxing fans ?

My current favorite boxer, Errol Spence Jr. fights Mikey Garcia on March 16th. Garcia is moving up 2 weight classes and imo, doesn't have a chance to win and will probably get KO'd. Of course, I've been wrong before, rarely, but it has happened. Any opinions, boxing fans ?
Pretty much agree, don't know that Mikey can really hurt anyone at 147

Impressive win for Caleb Plant tonight to win one of the Super middleweight belts. Did not know he was from Nashville until tonight. In fact, I had never seen him fight until night. Might have became my 3rd favorite boxer behind Spence and Lomachenko

I didn't see it, but going by the multiple live updates I followed tonight, Broner should be embarrassed by jumping on the ropes like he won. Broner may be one of the biggest disappointments in the last 20 years. Yeah, I know boxing isn't near as competitive, with as much talent since the 90's, imo, but Broner never came close to his potential and this performance looked like survival after he got rocked in the 7th round against a 40 year old fighter. Sad

Pretty close to signing up for DAZN. If they reel in GGG they’d basically have the whole MW stable plus they have a deal with the MLBfor the upcoming season.

29 yrs ago today.
Buster Douglas ko’d Mike Tyson In Tokyo!

Where were you? I was at a frat house at Austin Peay watching.

Reactions: The Dog
Somehow I forgot to mention here that Mikey Garcia's corner should be ashamed. Get your guy the F out of there around round 5 rather than let him get beaten like a drum for 36 minutes.

That said, we're ready for Spence and Bud.

Reactions: RetardedElf
"Swift" Jarrett Hurd fights "J-Rock" Williams tonight for one of the 152 pound championship belts. Hurd is a very big junior middleweight/super welterweight fighter and is the favorite. I'm pulling for J-Rock, but I think Hurd will probably win by late round KO. Still, should be a good fight on free TV. Anybody else going to check it out ?

Last edited:
"Swift" Jarrett Hurd fights "J-Rock" Williams tonight for one of the 152 pound championship belts. Hurd is a very big junior middleweight/super welterweight fighter and is the favorite. I'm pulling for J-Rock, but I think Hurd will probably win by late round KO. Still, should be a good fight on free TV. Anybody else going to check it out ?
Super exciting fight, glad JRock got his shot and took it. Whoever bet on him won a pretty penny too, was a 5-1 underdog from what I’ve seen

Reactions: The Dog
Super exciting fight, glad JRock got his shot and took it. Whoever bet on him won a pretty penny too, was a 5-1 underdog from what I’ve seen
I enjoyed it. Good action from both fighters, except for about 2 or 3 of the middle rounds, u could almost say "J-Rock" completely controlled the fight. Although, I thought Williams was in control for most the of fight, I always thought Hurd had a puncher's chance to end it at any time. I wouldn't mind a rematch or even Williams-Charlo II. J-Rock had a tough life and I couldn't help but to root for him. Guys that persevere like him and thrive by hard work and total devotion to his craft, are easy to root for

I like Ruiz, maybe a little outclassed and too small for Joshua, but I think we get a pretty competitive fight for about 6 rounds, after 6, I expect Joshus to start to dominate. But if for some reason Ruiz wins, I wouldn't be Buster Douglass/Mike Tyson surprised

VN Store

Back