Official Boxing thread

DDtIkhlWsAAFYEt

Thank you for posting that, I stole it and put it on my Facebook.

I'm not much of a boxing fan, but I know a theft when I see one.

I'm still delighted that ESPN put the fight up for free. I think that sort of stuff could get a lot of casual fans interested again. I know I watched because there was a big name fighter involved!

Thank you for posting that, I stole it and put it on my Facebook.

I'm not much of a boxing fan, but I know a theft when I see one.

I'm still delighted that ESPN put the fight up for free. I think that sort of stuff could get a lot of casual fans interested again. I know I watched because there was a big name fighter involved!

I can't even remember the last time I watched a whole boxing match (I think it was a Cotto fight back in like 2012-13). I enjoyed watching the fight, just not happy with the outcome.

It was a fun fight with a lot of good action. If more fights were like that I'd be more inclined to watch.

Save from what? 12 rounds, 4 3 rounds "quarters". It was just a phrase to describe the fight going past the 3rd round, I'm well aware that a fight isn't actually tracked by quarters.

There isn't a lot of action in this thread but, if you look back through, I'm one of the more frequent posters in it. I do understand how a fight works.

Weird way of saying that. So you think he's gassed after 3 rounds?

Weird way of saying that. So you think he's gassed after 3 rounds?

Probably right, not even really sure it's an expression I remember hearing or using before but just sorta popped into my head the day I posted that.

But yeah, if I had to guess, I see CM trying to come out fast and aggressive but having little results except for wearing himself out. Obviously I could completely wrong and he could prove to be more disciplined than I'm giving him credit for but I just feel like, when the lights come on and the bell rings he'll revert back to what he knows. I'm a boxing guy and don't watch much MMA at all but I don't get the impression there's usually much of a feeling out process to most MMA fights, action starts quick. That approach in a 12 round boxing match can be tough if he doesn't find much success early (which basically no one does against Floyd).

Uber Driver was from Ghana, asked if he knew of Azumah Nelson, breaks out a photo of him with Azumah. Also had pics with Ike Quartay and Joshua Clottey.

Once again, another lackluster performance by Adrian Broner. I know, Garcia was the favorite, but I expected more from Broner. I thought Broner was going to be something special, but he continues to underwelm. How many rounds did he win last night, maybe 2 ? Broner would rather be a celebrity than an all time great boxer

Where does Lomachenko fall in the P4P? I think you could pick him, Ward, Bud, and GGG from a hat.

Oddly I might put Golovkin 4th.

Where does Lomachenko fall in the P4P? I think you could pick him, Ward, Bud, and GGG from a hat.

Oddly I might put Golovkin 4th.

I think he's first honestly but nobody else probably ranks him as highly as I would. The pro record is still probably too small for most people but, as you've pointed out before, the amateur record more than makes up for it to me.

VN Store

Back