Official Boxing thread

He doesn't have to but he can when he doesn't fear his opponent anymore (see Ricky Hatton). If it makes it to the 2nd quarter McGregor will be toast and Floyd will slowly pick him apart, eventually he'll knock him out if he wants to.

He's knocked out 2 guys in the last 10 years.

And those that watch this clown show will not be back to watch any boxing match after, so how does that help boxing?

How can you even make a claim like this? Completely baseless. I'm 100 percent watching this fight and then I'm 100 percent watching GGG vs Canelo.

He doesn't have to but he can when he doesn't fear his opponent anymore (see Ricky Hatton). If it makes it to the 2nd quarter McGregor will be toast and Floyd will slowly pick him apart, eventually he'll knock him out if he wants to.

What is the 2nd quarter exactly?

Nice save attempt.

Save from what? 12 rounds, 4 3 rounds "quarters". It was just a phrase to describe the fight going past the 3rd round, I'm well aware that a fight isn't actually tracked by quarters.

There isn't a lot of action in this thread but, if you look back through, I'm one of the more frequent posters in it. I do understand how a fight works.

How can you even make a claim like this? Completely baseless. I'm 100 percent watching this fight and then I'm 100 percent watching GGG vs Canelo.

You're right, my statement was just hyperbole, it isn't that cut and dry.

My point was that the Mayweather/McGregor fight isn't bringing more eyeballs to the sport at large. Watching that fight and the Canelo/GGG fight is more than most will do but I don't think hardly any of them are going to now start tuning into ShoBox, PBC, Friday Night Fights, etc.

There are amazing and entertaining fighters who do absolute SHlT in the ratings department but this "mega fight" between a great (but not very crowd pleasing style) boxer and a non boxer will somehow do amazing numbers. Why? Because it's a circus with two amazing promoters as the combatants. Hell, GGG isn't even a huge draw on his own but that fight will be huge because of the Mexican contingent.

VN Store

Back