Official 2022 Summer Ball Thread

Post #50 in the thread has been updated. Best I can tell we don't have any players in Alaska, Great Lakes, Northwoods and sadly, no Pickles for the West Coast League. As always, it's a work in progress and is ever changing as long as we keep winning!

GBO!!!
The Pickles reached out to Zander 😝 If he plays, it would be for the Gainesville Gold Diggers (formerly Gainesville Braves).

I think each player has a different plan for summer ball. Some is to develop something whether pitching or hitting. Some is to get reps. Some just to enjoy the game because college season is so intense. Some to finish out their pitching limits. You can't take them all the same. Some are using it to prepare for next year or hope to get better to earn a spot.

I think each player has a different plan for summer ball. Some is to develop something whether pitching or hitting. Some is to get reps. Some just to enjoy the game because college season is so intense. Some to finish out their pitching limits. You can't take them all the same. Some are using it to prepare for next year or hope to get better to earn a spot.

That’s the way it has worked regardless of staff. The main difference was how long the season goes on. CDS was already sending dudes by now.

Summer baseball is fun. The players (probably) don’t have school hanging over them, and they get to have teammates from all over the country and different conferences. Bonds are made.

An example of how guys meet up:

Hey man, question for ya…would you be into taking on The Owls this summer? I reckon you could just change the name of this thread to the Owls and then I could just make another thread and copy and paste post 50 in a new thread. I can’t just move it around. There might be some other options, but that’s a simple one. It’s fine right now because I’m still organizing, but later on no one is gonna go look at post 50 in a thread and that’s the easiest way to check a players stats.

Disclaimer: none of this could be correct, rosters are in flux, some teams haven’t posted rosters, Team USA still hasn’t.

I fully expect some of our guys to get an invite. This is what I have so far. To illustrate my point you will notice Charlie Taylor twice.

Cape Cod League - Cape Cod Baseball League: Home

Bourne Braves Baseball

Will Mabrey -

Hyannis Harbor Hawks

Charlie Taylor -

Christian Moore -

Chatham Anglers - Cape Cod Baseball League (formerly the Chatham Athletics)

Wyatt Evans -

Coastal Plains League - Coastal Plain League

Forest City Owls

Kirby Connell -

Ethan Smith -

Angus Pence -

California Collegiate League - California Collegiate League

Alec Gonzalez - Academy Barons

Blake Burke - Healdsburg Prune Packers

Santa Barbara Foresters | 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020 NBC World Champions!

Christian Delashmit -

Seth Stephenson -

Blade Tidwell -

Orange County Riptide Baseball | Orange County Riptide

Charlie Taylor - Orange County Riptide
( he played there last year, if he got the Cape, I think he goes.)

Hamptons League - HCBL | Hamptons Collegiate Baseball League

Official Website of the Martha's Vineyard Sharks: Home

JD McCracken - New England Collegiate Baseball League | Pointstreak Stats

Logan Chambers -

Appy League - Appalachian League

Johnson City Doughboys

Ethan Payne -

Kingsport Axmen

Kyle Booker -

Prospect League -

Johnstown Mill Rats

Andrew Kribbs - Prospect League Baseball

If anyone has any other info it would be appreciated!

GBO!!!
Great info, thanks.

Speaking of how weird summer ball can be…

My brother ran into a guy yesterday, I probably hadn’t seen the guy or even heard his name since I was like 10.

Any way, turns out his kid plays for UT! That’s how I figured out where he was in summer ball and it appears he’s a two way player, based on stats.

What is Kirby, looking to get out of summer ball this year?
Inquiring minds want to know.
😜
GBO!!

Hey man, question for ya…would you be into taking on The Owls this summer? I reckon you could just change the name of this thread to the Owls and then I could just make another thread and copy and paste post 50 in a new thread. I can’t just move it around. There might be some other options, but that’s a simple one. It’s fine right now because I’m still organizing, but later on no one is gonna go look at post 50 in a thread and that’s the easiest way to check a players stats.
What would you think about this: I can copy and paste your post #50 to the very top of this thread (I tested it, but didn't do it without checking with you first, and I think it'll work). That way I think all the other earlier summer ball posts stay in the same thread. Thoughts?

Reactions: VolPack22
What would you think about this: I can copy and paste your post #50 to the very top of this thread (I tested it, but didn't do it without checking with you first, and I think it'll work). That way I think all the other earlier summer ball posts stay in the same thread. Thoughts?

I don’t mind at all try it. In theory it shouldn’t work.

Disclaimer: none of this could be correct, rosters are in flux, some teams haven’t posted rosters, Team USA still hasn’t.

I fully expect some of our guys to get an invite. This is what I have so far. To illustrate my point you will notice Charlie Taylor twice.

Cape Cod League - Cape Cod Baseball League: Home

Bourne Braves Baseball

Will Mabrey -

Hyannis Harbor Hawks

Charlie Taylor -

Christian Moore -

Chatham Anglers - Cape Cod Baseball League (formerly the Chatham Athletics)

Wyatt Evans -

Coastal Plains League - Coastal Plain League

Forest City Owls

Kirby Connell -

Ethan Smith -

Angus Pence -

California Collegiate League - California Collegiate League

Alec Gonzalez - Academy Barons

Blake Burke - Healdsburg Prune Packers

Santa Barbara Foresters | 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020 NBC World Champions!

Christian Delashmit -

Seth Stephenson -

Blade Tidwell -

Orange County Riptide Baseball | Orange County Riptide

Charlie Taylor - Orange County Riptide
( he played there last year, if he got the Cape, I think he goes.)

Hamptons League - HCBL | Hamptons Collegiate Baseball League

Official Website of the Martha's Vineyard Sharks: Home

JD McCracken - New England Collegiate Baseball League | Pointstreak Stats

Logan Chambers -

Appy League - Appalachian League

Johnson City Doughboys

Ethan Payne -

Kingsport Axmen

Kyle Booker -

Prospect League -

Johnstown Mill Rats

Andrew Kribbs - Prospect League Baseball

If anyone has any other info it would be appreciated!

GBO!!!

Last edited: Yesterday at 3:01 PM
Yesterday at 3:01 PM

VN Store

Back