Official 2018 Summer Ball Thread

Jacob Westphal was just signed and activated by the Harwich Mariners. UT is listed as his school......not sure if he's pitched since 2017. I believe he was enrolled at UT attending school this past season.

We need Westphal badly!

We need Westphal badly!

from what I recall, he just never recovered from Tommy John surgery in 2016.

You always here about the success with TJ Surgery however since its around 85% however you seldom here about the other 15..........hopefully time will be his friend. He had good success as a true freshman.

from what I recall, he just never recovered from Tommy John surgery in 2016.

You always here about the success with TJ Surgery however since its around 85% however you seldom here about the other 15..........hopefully time will be his friend. He had good success as a true freshman.

TJS can take a very long time to recover. I've seen players who took 2 years to recover.

Sure but making 14 errors at SS isn't an awful year for an guy you are saying has to move to 1st base. That should translate to playing 2nd with minimal mistakes imo

14 errors enough said....plus some plays a real SS would have made. Nothing against him but he is not a SS.

Like I said it isn't great but it isn't awful either. I mean the SS from miss state made 11. I'd say they won plenty

I hope we do not play him at SS to help his pocket book.

Let’s help the program.

14 is way to many period...........😩😩😩

I hope we do not play him at SS to help his pocket book.

Let’s help the program.

14 is way to many period...........😩😩😩

Lol. You are having a hard time reading aren't you?

I didn't say he should play SS. I said 2nd or 3rd. 14 errors isnt good but it's damn much better than a 1st baseman should do. He would be great at 2nd IMO

Lol. You are having a hard time reading aren't you?

I didn't say he should play SS. I said 2nd or 3rd. 14 errors isnt good but it's damn much better than a 1st baseman should do. He would be great at 2nd IMO

If he played first I don’t think he would have 14 errors.

This talk about SS started last summer when most of thought the roster lacked a SS and we would be awful at that position. We had lost 2 "true" SS that supposedly were defensive guys. Well those 2 guys combined for 12 errors in 2017. So I'd say Lip did an admirable job filling in only making 2 more errors than the year before.

just a thought , we where just one play away from winning a series against Florida. One win away from the SEC tournament, Won more games than any team that has never not made the tournament. CTV's first year. Our BIG ARMS where not Consistent, had to many walks IMO... Graduated 2 seniors that had 2 decent years at best and that's only if you combine them.... Things Will only get better....As a matter of fact...i bet we finish in the middle of the pact or higher this year. I say we will not only make the SEC Tournament but the NCAA as well.....WE Competed last year and will be alot Better....

just a thought , we where just one play away from winning a series against florida. One win away from the sec tournament, won more games than any team that has never not made the tournament. Ctv's first year. Our big arms where not consistent, had to many walks imo... Graduated 2 seniors that had 2 decent years at best and that's only if you combine them.... Things will only get better....as a matter of fact...i bet we finish in the middle of the pact or higher this year. I say we will not only make the sec tournament but the ncaa as well.....we competed last year and will be alot better....

amen 🙏

just a thought , we where just one play away from winning a series against Florida. One win away from the SEC tournament, Won more games than any team that has never not made the tournament. CTV's first year. Our BIG ARMS where not Consistent, had to many walks IMO... Graduated 2 seniors that had 2 decent years at best and that's only if you combine them.... Things Will only get better....As a matter of fact...i bet we finish in the middle of the pact or higher this year. I say we will not only make the SEC Tournament but the NCAA as well.....WE Competed last year and will be alot Better....

W,hat CTV did in year 1 is what fans need in football. Nobody with a brain expects Pruitt to beat Ala, UGA, Aub in year 1, but dont get blown out by 6 scores. Compete with the big boys and beat who youre supposed to beat, which is what CTV did and he has me excited for next year

No doubt Jay finished solid at the plate but he and Ammo can’t be seen as locks in the outfield.

This isn't a news flash by any means but I think the only "lock" is Andre somewhere in the infield, most likely 1b. The next would probably be Jay Charleston in the OF. Ammons is somewhat safe either in RF or as the 4th outfielder. After that it has to be wide open. I would be worried if I was a returning position player everywhere else. DH....be very worried, imo.

Hell I would hope not. I could drink a 12 pack and play 1st base every day and not make that many Es

NCAA may frown upon that.........:)

More importantly, could you still hit the off-speed?

Last edited:
Jacob Westphal was just signed and activated by the Harwich Mariners. UT is listed as his school......not sure if he's pitched since 2017. I believe he was enrolled at UT attending school this past season.

I like that kid!

He was our best BP arm by a wide margin when he last played.

He had decent numbers but not outstanding:
2015: 3.79 era; 12 app, 19 IP; 16 H; 11 BB; 13 SO
2017: 4.15 era; 7 app, 4.1 IP; 3 H; 4 BB; 4 SO

I'm glad he is getting a shot in the CCL but I am pretty sure he has graduated and will not be returning.

VN Store

Back