Official 2018 Summer Ball Thread

Glad to see him doing well. Seems like a hard worker...

TV has said multiple times in interviews how much he loves Andre and that all he wants to do his win and help this program. If the vols have some success next year he will be a big part of it. He deserves every bit of it.

TV has said multiple times in interviews how much he loves Andre and that all he wants to do his win and help this program. If the vols have some success next year he will be a big part of it. He deserves every bit of it.

I agree we need his bat. But he had way to many errors at SS last year. Is he a DH only next year.

Hunley is good but can he make it in the SEC as a starter. 70 % of his games not SEC last year.

Just a question. I like him.

I don't think he has SEC starter stuff but he does throw strikes. Maybe he can be a good Sunday guy with a jump in stuff

Hunley is good but can he make it in the SEC as a starter. 70 % of his games not SEC last year.

Just a question. I like him.

I like him too. Just went back and looked at his stats. He started the last 5 SEC weekends and made it into at least the 6th inning in all but one start, and never gave up more than 3 earned in any of those games. Guess it will all play out but I think he will only get better as his career progresses and he matures physically. Still pretty young kid. PG profile shows that he just turned 19 a week or two ago. Go Vols!

I think he will be in a tough situation next season. Guessing Andre returns to first and it sounds like we have some pretty good hitters coming in for possible DH role. Lack of power really hurts him imo.

I agree. I won't be surprised if we have seen the last of him in orange.

Will be interesting, I agree with you. May be done. Coach TV is going to play the players he recruited.

I can promise you he will play the best players and not the ones he recruited. The best players will play plain and simple. I think the starting lineup will have a good blend of both.

I hope he plays the best players, but I am sure some promises or winking was done to get the players on campus.

We had several player last year that were not the best but played. Have any thoughts on that.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope he plays the best players, but I am sure some promises or winking was done to get the players on campus.

We had several player last year that were not the best but played. Have any thoughts on that.

You need to have a full team play regardless of how good they are. Would you rather the staff throw 7 guys out in the field just because the others aren’t the best? The guys that weren’t the best but still played didn’t get recruited by this staff which should show they are willing to play whoever they think gives them the best chance to win. If you think CTV is only going to play his recruited guys then why did Chinea, hitting .150, play over Stapp after Stapp was fully healthy?

VN Store

Back