Official 2016 Summer Baseball Thread

Langhorne and Westphal getting bragged on by the announcers even in the loss. Soto on the hill tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if Westphal works in a closer role this summer.

Good Stuff!

Brewster loses 9-4.

I'd love to know Westphal's velocity today.

Definitely would like to know that, but I was watching the game, it was noticeably up there compared to the other guys and it's Cape pitching so...

T9...game tied at 2...full count to Benny leading off...grounds out, good at bat tho...apparently he's had a rough time behind the plate today.

Valley Blue Sox ‏@BlueSoxGameday 3m3 minutes ago
B6: RBI single for Mazza. A second run scores on a throwing error by Leftridge. Blue Sox lead 6-3

Neal Singles to LF to lead off "Making Knoxville Tennessee Proud." Neal scores a run when the next guy in the order Triples...

Skelly not getting the start for Portland, looks like he's gonna be in an every other day rotation.

MHC won 16-0, will update Neal's stats tomorrow as the live stats were down again for MHC.

The Forest City live stats are completely jacked up, same story and league.

Since there's no Portland game I get a 1 hour break before the Bucs game at 11 PM...

GBO!!!

Harris hits into the dbl play in his 2nd AB to end the inning...B3 2-1 Bucs

Harris is going to face a new pitcher...runners on the corners 1 out...runner steals 2B...2-0 count to Harris...2-1 swinging...3-1...draws a walk, bases loaded...

This is what Coach Ben Taylor (Matsu Miners Manager), Senzel's summer coach after his Freshman year had to say about Nick going 2nd in the draft:

KENAI, Alaska – The Cincinnati Reds selected former Mat-Su Miners infielder Nick Senzel with the second pick of the 2016 Major League Baseball Draft on Thursday.

The selection makes Senzel the second highest-drafted Miner in program history behind No. 1 pick Jeff King in 1986.

“Nick is a five-tool player across the board,” Miners head coach Ben Taylor said. “He can run, throw, hit, field and hit for power. It wouldn’t shock me to see Nick get to the big leagues really fast.”

Senzel joined the Miners in the summer of 2014, appearing in 23 games for the program. He recorded 17 hits, including four doubles and three home runs.

“He’s a hardworking kid, but one of the best parts is that he always brought a smile to the ballpark,” Taylor said. “His teammates loved him and he was a lot of fun to have in the clubhouse.”

As a member of the Tennessee baseball team, Senzel finished his three-year collegiate career with 126 RBIs and a .332 batting average. He also posted a slugging percentage of .508 and swiped 46 bags for the Volunteers.

“It’s the whole package, and that’s why he’s the second pick in the draft,” Taylor said.

Senzel Taken Second in MLB Draft | ABL- Matsu Miners

VN Store

Back