Offensive line problems

Let’s keep it in perspective that we played an upstart FCS wannabe last week and literally the worst FBS team in the country this week. That matters.

Oline needs to learn how to tackle, because blocking is out of the question, no?
1537051392987.gif

The girls will get it together someday, won't they?

Glad we have a 5* and 4* committed. This unit has to improve if we are going to avoid the cellar in the SEC East this season though.

IMO, Richmond had a bad game but hasn't played as bad as the others in the first 2 games.

Still don't understand where Chance Hall is.
I dont think Hall is right yet. At least that's what I ve heard. I think people were hoping he was ready. It doesnt appear he is. He may not ever fully get back to where he was.

Losing Kennedy didnt help either. He had a rough few series against WV but he settled in.

I just dont see it with Richmond. He needs to be a lot better than he is.

Wrong, most of penalties and missed blocks that killed the offensive output were from #51.
They've played 3 games. I'm judging over that period and not just one bad game for Richmond. I wish Hall were available to take one of the OG spots or possibly RT. I really hate that Boulware left right now.

This season we returned 5 started on the OL. Two of them are on the bench and not because we signed some future 1st rounder like Wright or Morris.

To me that says a lot about how depleted the talent was/is on the offensive line.

I like the fact that we ran some wildcat today ..actually saw that uk had success on uf with that and wow look we pulled it out..prior staff would never do this ..now run 7-9 wildcat plays on uf

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
I like the fact that we ran some wildcat today ..actually saw that uk had success on uf with that and wow look we pulled it out..prior staff would never do this ..now run 7-9 wildcat plays on uf

We're setting up the wildcat trick play with a sweep pass to JG. I hope we pull it off against Florida!

I thought the o-line play was better. Defense looked good. Receivers looked good also. Still don't know how UT fans were voted 2nd best in collage football. Maybe 2nd dumbest but I lean 1st.

And he proceeded to miss his receivers over and over. These guys have no identity and I don't think JG is a guy that really exudes confidence. The Oline may block great one play and then blow it on the next. The play calling doesn't seem any better. I'm tired of them lining up and looking to the sideline. Call a play, execute it with confidence. They were lining up Wood-Anderson and Bumphus and going heavy on one side and still weren't moving the pile much. Not hiring a veteran OC is going to look like a bad move by Pruitt. Helton did not deserve the money considering his lack of experience.

What game did you watch? He went 12/16. Missed a couple of deep throws today but was on point everywhere else.

GTFO

Clearly we had problems at right tackle today, but there is plenty of talent there. Losing Kennedy was huge, when we lost him at center, we got weaker at both center, and guard. Our interior line has been getting manhandled at times by much lesser opponents, and its all over the tape. expect gators and the rest of our SEC opponents to stunt, blitz, and destroy us at our weakest point...the shortest path to the QB and RB is a straight line...right over the center. Pruitt has a dozen bug uglies committed for nezt year...with 5s and 4s....itll get better, but it will take time guys.

Reactions: VolinMC
What game did you watch? He went 12/16. Missed a couple of deep throws today but was on point everywhere else.

GTFO
On one of those deep throws, Calloway slowed just a bit. Looked like he was concerned about the defender and if he had kept the burners on he would have had a TD.

I'm going to disagree. I thought they played better today than they have so far this season. There were good lanes at times and timed up well with the RBs who hit'em just right for some big runs. Good protection most of the game.

It's a huge work in progress to go back to a power run game. Today was a step in the right direction.

Stoned

I thought the o-line play was better. Defense looked good. Receivers looked good also. Still don't know how UT fans were voted 2nd best in collage football. Maybe 2nd dumbest but I lean 1st.

Maybe you should look in the mirror with your adjectives because if you think we are even remotely a competitive team against the vast majority of the SEC then you sir are the stupid one

Reactions: LADYVOL77

VN Store

Back