Of all the names being tossed around as candidates for OC, who do you think is the best recruiter?

It seems that every time we have an opening, big names are bandied about. Then, we end up with someone not even on the radar. I'm guessing it won't be a Freeze or Kingsbury. Ok, we did get Stoops and blew that opportunity.

I would at least interview Kendell Briles. He is an up and coming offensive mind. Not sure about his recruiting abilities.

It depends on whether we want to keep what we have already been recruiting or if we are going to roll the dice and get out of our box. Pruitt has a lot to think about. He could be daring or stay with his gut...still he has never been a head coach before and he may second guess his need for control of both sides of the ball. If he is going outside the box I will go Freeze or kingsbury,..if he stays with his gut then he will go Friend and hire another assistant and try to keep this class together. But who knows what recruiting magic could be had with a dynamic offense that will fill the seats going forward and with just a little twerking he might could do both meaning save the class we have even with A Freeze or Kingsbury type.
Hopefully you meant "tweaking" rather than "twerking"...Pruitt twerking is not something I think we want to see.

Reactions: GBOx2
I do have a question for everyone... we seem to have made some decisions as to what type of offense we want to run and what type of backs and we we want. Under center some, play action and more of a pro look... what makes anyone think Freeze, Kingsbury or those mostly spread options would work with our new looking recruits?

Sure, when he was allowed to buy recruits. You also have to take into account how his personal scandal will make his piety a much harder sell now. I think he is a good coach but you must weigh the risk.
not as hard to sell if you aren't the HC, kinda thinking Kiffin's shady butt at Bama. not to that success level obviously, but easier to hide if not HC.

VN Store

Back