OC Search - Kendall Briles (merged)

Not all at. I just thought the opinion of a mild mannered, soft spoken and void of controversy guy like Lane Kiffen might add to the tranquil atmosphere we have enjoyed since this search began.
Kiffin has a soft spot for TN. He doesn't hate us. I hope he is using his connections to push Briles to TN.

I don’t know much but I do know that whoever gets hired “ is the only one we were interested in and the choice all a long”.

Obviously something happened to reset the search because it should not take this long to hire an OC. Obviously there were some obstacles with Freeze, Lindsey, and or Enos. Perhaps it all has to do with the dominos falling in place for coaching vacancies or some of the rumors are true.

Pruitt should have a current list of position coaches/coordinators with their contact info, agent info, current salary, and bio’s at his fingertips. That should be an administrative job for one of his support staff. He should know what they are system are running or have coached in the past.

He should be able to identify his top 5 choices, make overtures within one day, and have interviews completed in a week. Even with recruiting, he should be on top of this first. Hiring an the right OC could flip a recruit at this point in the cycle. Other coaches can still be recruiting while he spends a week focused on the hire and then you have another coach recruiting for you.

This is a fiasco and looks bad to fans and more importantly to recruits. This makes the university look incompetent, especially after the last coaching search.

I am baffled by all of this and now it makes sense why they are no longer relevant in college football.
Hire the right guy and no one gives a ****.

Seen where Pruitt is suppose to interview him. Hire Briles now. Why does it turn into all this mess when Tennessee hires a coach.
one guess ---
246730041ead1ba68a770669676d1097.gif

I think the powers that be should just slow this whole process down a little. If we keep moving at this rate, there may be one or two desirable candidates still available by the time we get around to hiring someone, and we might end up going against our persona and actually hiring someone who would improve the team.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Lane is JP's friend from working shoulder to shoulder at Bama with Saban. Lane took Briles on as his OC at FAU. If JP wants a reference on Briles, bet that he already has one!

That just might be the way this mess turns out.

I personally think Briles would be a great hire and he certainly would not be a shot in the dark!

VN Store

Back