OC by end of week!

I was at a pre event event tonight with all the coaches. Debord and his wife were with them, right in the middle - and he was wearing an Orange T pin in his lapel. That answered any question I had on if he was going to be on the staff. Seems like a done deal and the delay is just someone's clever approach to we did an exhaustive search and he was the best candidate.

You serious Clark?:no:

I was at a pre event event tonight with all the coaches. Debord and his wife were with them, right in the middle - and he was wearing an Orange T pin in his lapel. That answered any question I had on if he was going to be on the staff. Seems like a done deal and the delay is just someone's clever approach to we did an exhaustive search and he was the best candidate.

U sure it wasn't stripling?? I saw it to and recognized every coach

3. Coach Z will gain a more prominent role on the Offensive side of the ball. Clear just by the way he filled in as unnamed "acting OC" at the celebration event. He may not be OC, may be Co-OC or OC-in-Training or something else creative, but his duties will expand significantly.

Totally goin to happen,
No need to "check my stats"
Just makes to much sense, especially how he talked during the celebration, coach Jones trust him, going to bring in Debord to develope his play calling skills and also help with the oline, offensive quality control coach.
Then they bring in a quality QB coach.
Man, my big orange dream would be Peyton of course, but seeing as that's about as likely as me hitting the PowerBall,...
Who's it gonna be?
He has to bring in a QB coach, kinda doesn't have a choice, with the youth at QB and all.

For some reason I have a gut feeling it's going to be UNC's Gunter Brewer. I don't know why, he just feels like a Butch Jones type coach. He has a great resume. Imagine what he could with the talent we have at WR!

I was watching a video on YouTube of him explaining route combo and qb reads. Was pretty interesting.

It doesn't matter who we hire, people will raise h*** next Fall. We could hire Chip Kelly and people would still complain about his play calling. Offensive Coordinator is the most thankless job in football. If the play works your a good coach, if it doesn't work your an idiot.

Reactions: 3 people
It doesn't matter who we hire, people will raise h*** next Fall. We could hire Chip Kelly and people would still complain about his play calling. Offensive Coordinator is the most thankless job in football. If the play works your a good coach, if it doesn't work your an idiot.

^^THIS^^ football is about execution...

Amen.

1. Everyone gets the benefit of hindsight except the OC, he actually has to call the play before he sees how the play worked.

2. If the OC makes 58 great calls and 2 bad calls over the course of the game, the fans will remember the two bad calls as PROOF that they could've done better.

We're all geniuses, except the guy who has to prove it every week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Is his wife hot?

Just a gut, but CZA had a little pep in his step tonight. I could see a co-OC promotion coming.

Wish it was rod smith. Qb coach. Knows the offense like butch said the OC would and he only makes 250k at Arizona.... Oh well

VN Store

Back