OBJ handing out cash

If there's one thing we all the NCAA hates, it's being lied to. I think they could severely punish LSU for lying to them saying it was fake.

LOL I’m just sitting here remembering someone gave me crap for saying LSU is notorious for giving players perks.
Now we have video of them passing out cash and trying to lie about it.
Sometimes it’s fun being right

Am I the only one who hates the NCAA so much I dont care? These kids are old enough to die for our country, then they are old enough to receive money however they choose too.

Am I the only one who hates the NCAA so much I dont care? These kids are old enough to die for our country, then they are old enough to receive money however they choose too.
Listen I'm all for giving these kids better treatment however please don't use the military or those who serve as comparison to prove your point on this.

My thing is, you know the rules going in. You signed on the dotted line, your education, room and board will be taken care of. You get first class medical treatment, top notch travel and facilities. SEC football athletes have it made, basketball as well. Wanna see a kid who's getting the raw deal, look at how D1 baseball players are treated. Look at how much of their school gets paid for, comes out to about 20% and the rest is on them.

My thing is, you know the rules going in.

What about the criminal and civil statutes (at both the State and Federal level) with felony penalties attached that preclude the schools and the NCAA from doing what they are doing? They know the rules going in. Legally what they are doing is not only precluded, but its actually criminal in nature. How about those rules? Its not about treatment, its about the nature of what they have been doing is illegal, generally speaking.

All of this is coming to an end.

I want to agree ... but as of Monday, the 13th, were they enrolled LSU students, or were they not LSU students?

Whether they are enrolled or not is not really material, generally speaking. If a player no longer desires to play than there is not much anyone can do about it, if an ineligible player plays next year than that could be an issue but not until he plays - if they were not cleared. Either way most of these rules are going out the window in the not too distant future anyway.

The players don't have contracts with the NCAA. Jefferson could have filmed a, "I'm going to Disney World" commercial down on the field after the game if he wanted and there would be nothing stopping him.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
He's a clown but it's ridiculous a warrant is put out for this.
It’s just a big FU to OBJ to put him through the whole song and dance for being disrespectful. It is a ridiculous warrant that will amount to nothing, but what goes around comes around . He’s a selfish prick, so I really don’t have a problem with him getting some pushback on his antics a little bit.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
It’s just a big FU to OBJ to put him through the whole song and dance for being disrespectful. It is a ridiculous warrant that will amount to nothing, but what goes around comes around . He’s a selfish prick, so I really don’t have a problem with him getting some pushback on his antics a little bit.

Pretty much.

This incident is a perfect microcosm of OBJ. Tells you exactly what kind of person he is.

Does the NCAA and a bunch of their rules suck? Yes. I think that's why many are inclined to perhaps give him a pass. Having said that, he put guys who have eligibility left and aren't going pro at risk (I'm assuming he gave some of them money too; I don't buy for a second he used discretion on which players he have cash to), and it's all because he wanted attention.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
What about the criminal and civil statutes (at both the State and Federal level) with felony penalties attached that preclude the schools and the NCAA from doing what they are doing? They know the rules going in. Legally what they are doing is not only precluded, but its actually criminal in nature. How about those rules? Its not about treatment, its about the nature of what they have been doing is illegal, generally speaking.

All of this is coming to an end.

Whether they are enrolled or not is not really material, generally speaking. If a player no longer desires to play than there is not much anyone can do about it, if an ineligible player plays next year than that could be an issue but not until he plays - if they were not cleared. Either way most of these rules are going out the window in the not too distant future anyway.

The players don't have contracts with the NCAA. Jefferson could have filmed a, "I'm going to Disney World" commercial down on the field after the game if he wanted and there would be nothing stopping him.
Legit curious, what laws is the NCAA breaking? I figured someone would have taken them to court at some point.

This incident is a perfect microcosm of OBJ. Tells you exactly what kind of person he is.

Does the NCAA and a bunch of their rules suck? Yes. I think that's why many are inclined to perhaps give him a pass. Having said that, he put guys who have eligibility left and aren't going pro at risk (I'm assuming he gave some of them money too; I don't buy for a second he used discretion on which players he have cash to), and it's all because he wanted attention.

It’s amazing how some people with the blue check mark are turning this thing a race thing. It’s an OBJ is all about himself thing.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back