OBJ handing out cash

Just say it was for show and it all got collected in the locker room for charity...

Stupid if he gets caught...not so stupid if he doesn’t. It’s partly a way to be seen by recruits as well.

That's the scary part - recruits attracted to LSU now like moths to a porch light in July. By the way.. somebody who knows more about it than me (and I know very little and to busy with work to look it up) elaborate on what LSU's basketball coach did a couple of years ago. Did they get penalized for it, or is it still in process. Seems some schools have had their NCAA flu shot.

Reactions: Hacksaw and tbh
Ha I’m all about college players getting paid but cmon man have some discretion. That’s why I hate social media. It’s created a bunch of attention whores “let me give you this money in front of the camera....oh give it to you in private? Nah I want the world to see us breaking the rules! Yayyyyyy!”....cmon dude.

Reactions: LSU-SIU
Really? Even since they are still enrolled in school and receiving scholarship money for football? Still enrolled = still part of NCAA jurisdiction.
Once you've played your last game, it doesn't matter. That's why players can hire agents even though they are still in school.

Doesn't matter before or after the game as they are still in school. Lil John and the Eastside boys need to rep! YEAH!

I know I'm probably alone on this...but so what? They aren't coming back. He can give his money to who he wants. Jealousy is a *****.
Someone didn’t read the article. The second player he handed money to is coming back to school

Reactions: JohnD13
The 2nd player is coming back unless he transfers he only caught two passes all year, as far as Jefferson goes he's just a junior and hasnt declared for the NFL yet which means he's still under ncaa guidelines.

Really? Even since they are still enrolled in school and receiving scholarship money for football? Still enrolled = still part of NCAA jurisdiction.
Eligibility. As far as I know, you can walk up to some normal, non athlete, student and hand them a $100 bill and the NCAA couldn’t care less. If their eligibility is up, they are just normal students, I suppose? Of course, we are talking about OBJ and coach O. Don’t think anyone has ever accused them of being very sharp pertaining to NCAA rules or authority.
GBO!!

One thing I have never understood is enforcement from NCAA. Example: A player walks into a tattoo shop and has a tattoo put on his arm. When the artist gets done the player gets up and fully intends to pay for the tattoo. The artist says do not worry about paying, thanks for coming to my university. That would be an impermissible benefit given to a player/recruit. How in the world does the NCAA stop this from happening? There simply is no way they can enforce the rule.

One thing I have never understood is enforcement from NCAA. Example: A player walks into a tattoo shop and has a tattoo put on his arm. When the artist gets done the player gets up and fully intends to pay for the tattoo. The artist says do not worry about paying, thanks for coming to my university. That would be an impermissible benefit given to a player/recruit. How in the world does the NCAA stop this from happening? There simply is no way they can enforce the rule.

They can't and generally don't.

Do not fret, most of the rules are going bye bye in the not too distant future, although the NCAA is dragging their feet about it. Payments generally speaking will be an acceptable practice.

VN Store

Back