Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

The end of episode 4 has a scene so stupid I can’t believe they actually put it in the show. Even my child was laughing and saying no way.

You mean

the tracker in the toy or it flashing red all evil like that? Or did you mean them walking out with Leia under his coat like no big deal?

Last edited:
You mean

the tracker in the toy or it flashing red all evil like that? Or did you mean them walking out with Leia under his coat like no big deal?

definitely the hiding her under the trench coat. It literally looked ridiculous and somehow they get past a hundred storm troopers and officers.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
definitely the hiding her under the trench coat. It literally looked ridiculous and somehow they get past a hundred storm troopers and officers.

Yeah that part....I didn't care for it. They could have at least shown them running behind some ships or containers or something to attempt to hide.

I hate to say it because Ewan as Obi-Wan was one of the lone bright spots for me in the prequels but this show is pretty awful. I never use the word cringe because it's gotten so overused on the internet, but if I can make an exception, that is how I would describe 75% of the content so far.

I'm hoping the last 2 episodes they show us why they brought back Hayden Christensen; because so far he's had like 30 seconds of screen time and it's only been him in a tank and a vision from Obi-Wan.

I'm hoping the last 2 episodes they show us why they brought back Hayden Christensen; because so far he's had like 30 seconds of screen time and it's only been him in a tank and a vision from Obi-Wan.

They have two different guys in the suit. One for the stunts/dualing and one for sitting/walking scenes. Then they are using that new computer synth thing for James Earl Jones voice. It does seem like it’s been for nothing.

It seems like the good Star Wars stuff is the Dave Filoni stuff and the rest is meh. I just finished Rebels and it was fantastic. They just need to hand over everything to him.

It seems like the good Star Wars stuff is the Dave Filoni stuff and the rest is meh. I just finished Rebels and it was fantastic. They just need to hand over everything to him.

He was involved in Boba Fett and the internet cried and cried until the Mando episode.

I think the biggest missing of the mark here was the fact that instead of us getting a fleshed out Obi-Wan backstory show about what he’s been doing, how he’s been living, maybe with a broken man/redemption story, we’re getting “The Adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi”

I mean how suspenseful can they really make this? Are worried Obi-Wan is going to die? Or that Leia is going to die? Obviously not.

This just isn’t what the world was asking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesd1628
It's a far from perfect show, and some of the decisions and writing have been meh. I think plenty of SW since the original trilogy (and even some in the trilogy) has been meh.

I'm also reminded of a Mark Hamill interview where he shared an exchange with Harrison Ford:

The gang was shooting one of the Death Star scenes that comes after the Trash Compactor. Hamill suggested that their hair should be a mess, as they were just in a literal dumpster.

Ford replies with, “Hey kid, it ain’t that kind of movie. If people are looking at your hair we’re all in big trouble.”

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
It's a far from perfect show, and some of the decisions and writing have been meh. I think plenty of SW since the original trilogy (and even some in the trilogy) has been meh.

I'm also reminded of a Mark Hamill interview where he shared an exchange with Harrison Ford:

Haha! I was JUST thinking about that story the other day.

This series has consisted of a couple really awesome moments mixed with quite a few cringe-worthy scenes. I would like to see more of Anakin too, I feel like they’re wasting an opportunity there.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

VN Store

Back