Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

She's gotten a lot of $hit about it, but it's not her. It's the really really $hitty writing.

Yeah, it's reminding me of the prequels. The prequels made a lot of great actors look bad with the writing.

Also I think it's somewhere in between bad writing for her and her casting. When she tries to sounds evil and mean and shouts, her voice just doesn't convey what they need. It's not her fault, it just how it is. I think she would have been much more well received if they had dialed it back. If she would have been more reserved and subtle instead of doing flips and shouting and trying to hard to be evil, it would have worked much much better.

It's like when you watch footage of ANH where you hear David Prowse's Scottish voice doing Vader's lines; it just wouldn't have worked. And when they dubbed Ray Park as Darth Maul, his voice just doesn't fit.

The whole series was worth it for that episode. I hope the finale is even better.

Only gripe:

Come on, she should have died. She got stabbed by a freakin lightsaber and Vader wouldn't leave without finishing her off. That part was a tad silly to me.

Otherwise awesome. Love how powerful they are showing Vader.

The whole series was worth it for that episode. I hope the finale is even better.

Only gripe:

Come on, she should have died. She got stabbed by a freakin lightsaber and Vader wouldn't leave without finishing her off. That part was a tad silly to me.

Otherwise awesome. Love how powerful they are showing Vader.

This show seems to have a habit of not making sure people are
dead

Reactions: jamesd1628
I will say they did a fairly okay job at showing the young Anakin... couple of scenes that you could obviously tell he was far older, but overall, not bad.

The flashback was pretty cool honestly.

But does anyone want to see a Vader series of the ten years before that? I know there are comics and game videos, but I want a complete live action series showing Vader in his prime and badassery.

I generally don’t follow SW in other media but I have read a fair amount of the more recent Vader series. The one that picks up right after the “NOOOOOOOO” … he gets his ass kicked quite a bit in those early days as he battles the suit and just mentally coming to terms with what he has done.

Reactions: robbymoore94
But does anyone want to see a Vader series of the ten years before that? I know there are comics and game videos, but I want a complete live action series showing Vader in his prime and badassery.

I want a series now of him just going around making people piss their pants. Like all it has to be each week is him showing up on a planet and force throwing around people and making buildings come down.

I will say they did a fairly okay job at showing the young Anakin... couple of scenes that you could obviously tell he was far older, but overall, not bad.

The flashback was pretty cool honestly.

I would have thought they were have given both of them the de-aging treatment. Obi-Wan didn't look that much different but Anakin defintely looked older in the face. I find it a bit hard to believe Disney didn't have the budget for that, though maybe it was a time thing.

They knocked it out of the park with the latest episode.
😬
Episode 5 is the best 42 minutes of Stars Wars I've watched since Rogue One
😬😬
I would have thought they were have given both of them the de-aging treatment. Obi-Wan didn't look that much different but Anakin defintely looked older in the face. I find it a bit hard to believe Disney didn't have the budget for that, though maybe it was a time thing.
agree.

Completely disagree about Rogue 1.

I may be alone here. Wasnt sure this story needednto be told. Now that we're here I have several gripes, one of which how weak Obiwan became is hard to swallow. Third Sister casting is not the best.

While last epi was certainly solid, it doesnt hold a candle to R1. Closest Ive had to 'that SW feeling,' was when Luke went off in Mando S2.

Reactions: Rishvol
Episode 5 was the greatest thrill ride I’ve had since the last 20 min of Rogue One.

The character arc for Reva is excellent and a well written character. Can’t wait for the finale and the rematch. I really hope we get more and more flashback scenes. That opening scene in episode 5 gave me huge goosebumps.

Episode 5 was the greatest thrill ride I’ve had since the last 20 min of Rogue One.

The character arc for Reva is excellent and a well written character. Can’t wait for the finale and the rematch. I really hope we get more and more flashback scenes. That opening scene in episode 5 gave me huge goosebumps.
You forgot the blue text. Also, if what I think will happen happens then it will completely ruin an already lacking series for me when I comes to this character.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

Gonna have to disagree on reva. Her story arc has been pretty predictable for the most part, and honestly poorly written. The actress kind of blows at this part too. I was really hoping Vader would give her the dooku treatment. The flashback scene with anakin was fantastic though! I was geeking on that one

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Gonna have to disagree on reva. Her story arc has been pretty predictable for the most part, and honestly poorly written. The actress kind of blows at this part too. I was really hoping Vader would give her the dooku treatment. The flashback scene with anakin was fantastic though! I was geeking on that one

That part I agree, it was a bit silly she didn't die. They were doing her flashback at the same time and it was set up pretty good for her end, then she doesn't die which kind of defeated the purpose for the flashback.

Man i thought Vader was toying with Obi-Wan, he straight up treated Reva like a play thing. Makes you realize now how much he holds back versus Luke in TESB.

The fact that Vader fought her and basically defeated her without even using his light saber shows how extremely high his force power is. And I agree with the Luke comment. He just did not have it in him to go full force on his son.

Just caught up on the last two episodes. E4 was mostly meh. Felt kind like filler. It was the shortest episode but really dragged for most of it.

Episode 5 on the other hand.

When Vader…

…pulled the ship back down…

even my wife let out an audible ‘Whoah!’

I didn’t really feel the show needed redeeming but episodes 3 and 5 have been outstanding. I expect the climax to be pretty epic.

I think her arc is pretty good. I mean we already know what happens to Leia and Ben so we needed something with a modicum of stakes to follow. And all the hand wringing over her knowing who Vader is was explained. It really all came together pretty well.

The actress was miss cast or not directed well. She just comes across too ordinary and it stands out against the other Inquisitors.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol
For me the ship being pulled down was awesome but the part that really was badass was he's toying with Reva and takes her dual lightsaber, separates them, then throws her one. I mean she should already know how screwed she is, but at that moment it's like.....he's toying with you and trolling you.

Reactions: NEO and BenGrimm

VN Store

Back