Oak Ridge Wildcats football

Graduated from ORHS in 71. Used to be a fan, but haven't paid attention for a long time. There was a time in the 1960s when what seemed like half the city would show up for the games.

A much needed win for Oak Ridge to get back on track. The defense is definitely the strength of the team.

Good win for Oak Ridge tonight against Karns. While it has not been a great season so far, they're at least 3-1 in their region. It will take some time for Scott to get the Wildcats back to being a contender for the 5a championship.

Even with most of the team dealing with a flu outbreak during the week including the starting QB, Oak Ridge defeated Rhea County and their old school wing T offense 36-17. Now to travel to McMinn County which has been a dreadful place to play for the Wildcats.

Ha, I graduated from OR. Wife graduated from McMinn Co. Her father was the principal there.

That’s the school in Athens, right? I have vague recollections of driving to a game there but can’t remember much about it except we won.

I read the articles about Emory Hale and Winston Russell in Oak Rodger last year. Had both as gym teachers. Good guys. Glad to read they are both still in good health.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
That’s the school in Athens, right? I have vague recollections of driving to a game there but can’t remember much about it except we won.

I read the articles about Emory Hale and Winston Russell in Oak Rodger last year. Had both as gym teachers. Good guys. Glad to read they are both still in good health.
Yep, Athens .I had Russell at Robertsville Jr. High. He was a nice guy. A 10 as far as teachers go.
Never had Hale. He became coach in 69. Armstong thru 68.
I graduated in 70. Other than some friends on the team I had lost interest in hs football.

VN Store

Back