'20 NY OLB William Mohan (Tennessee commit)

I would argue that our defense wasn’t above avg because our offense was anemic. They had zero rest because of so many 3 and outs. UGA and Bama put up big numbers against us. The rest of the games where teams scores 25-30 points (arky UK and auburn) were winnable games..lost because JG was just plain bad

We didn’t have as many 3 and outs as some want to believe. Our LBs couldn’t cover the middle of the field. We got very little pass rush. The secondary was pretty bad. All that took place even early on in games. Look at the SC game. Shy Smith torches our defense on the very first play of the game.

No doubt JG was bad and the offense deserves blame. But our defense was not very good.

High school video looks like this kid has good speed, good hands, and tackles very well. May be just as good as Henry T.

Note: Had a hard time watching his HS video. The weird stadiums he played in were totally distracting. Obviously there is no greenery or fields in Brooklyn.

That was my first show ever. It was in Stokeley. I loved both, tbh and Tina Turner brought the house down. She was absolutely incredible.

Saw her in Memphis back in the Shower of Stars charity concert heydays. Incredible is the right word. Amazing entertainer.

Reactions: drvenner
The taking of Apache helps to tell the direction of the multiple D IMO. A proven mobile guy who can blitz, play a mid-range S, as well as cover inside and flat routes. It's not just the slants, it's also TE's inside because of his physicality. He's the guy who can play a variety of roles and will not have to come off the field against uptempo O's. I really don't get any negativity with this at all.

The taking of Apache helps to tell the direction of the multiple D IMO. A proven mobile guy who can blitz, play a mid-range S, as well as cover inside and flat routes. It's not just the slants, it's also TE's inside because of his physicality. He's the guy who can play a variety of roles and will not have to come off the field against uptempo O's. I really don't get any negativity with this at all.
Most on here don't understand football the way you seem to.
A lot of fans that have never ever participated in the sport on here...

Agreed. There was a day when defensive positions had classic prototypes and defined lines. Now coaches are learning to use guys with unique skill sets that don't necessarily fit any position profile perfectly.

I don't understand it all that well. Never played past seventh grade. I also don't talk out of my ass about it because of this lack of understanding. I trust my coaches. Have to, at this point

Very good points. I just don't see how us taking dudes who couldn't play at other schools and all of a sudden we're good again. There's a pretty good reason why they leave those schools, usually they aren't good enough to play.
2 or 3 of the guys we've taken so far were going to be starters. All would have seen serious minutes. I just don't think what you are describing will be the case moving forward with the portal.

Good point. You get it. We don't have to always agree, but at least know something that's reality about the subject.

Had the opportunities to play at a G5 equivalent level back in the day, but chose baseball instead. Had a good number of friends who played in college and a few who were in the NFL along with a few coaches. Tried to pay attention and ask questions to learn more. We've got some really good posters on here that know a lot more than I do that folks should pay attention to if they are serious about learning the game.

VN Store

Back