'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it follows the same path, means he will be in the playoffs in 2 of the next 3 years then. Richt didn’t have that buffer.

Georgia won’t be that lucky. They’ll need help somewhere else if they want in. They’re behind the west as it is.

Bama will be back. They’re young and still loaded.
LSU lost Burrow but just reloaded with a lot of talent and have a talented OC.

Agree 100 it matters most in January, but ya gotta win those in October to get to January. It’s not easy to have a winning record vs Top 25, much less Top 10. Fulmer didn’t, Ed O does have a winning record vs top 25, not top 10 tho. Gus doesn’t, Jimbo doesn’t, list goes on.

All seriousness, I respect you calmly defending yours.

But curious if you see red flags. I know you're level headed but fandom gets the best of of us, at one point or another. Pruitt was in year 2 and we still did a major "wtf" to losing to teams we shouldn't have.
At least looks like Smart has out talented his way this far. Even the top 10 record, there was very few anywhere near Ga. But he always slips somewhere.
Nice problem to have, don't get me wrong. But eventually something will have to give, I'd think.

Last edited:
Kirby needs to sit down with Jones in the off season and ask him about the buddy system and how that turned out at Tennessee.

The first thing he should do is fire his buddy and get someone who’s creative on Offense. Let go of the reigns and let the new guy run it. Yes, Fromm isn’t good but don’t let that pull you away from the fact that the Ga receivers have a “play when I want attitude”. It was bad timing but Kirby even alluded to this after the SECCG.
Fromm was really good his first two seasons. Hmmm... wonder what happened this year 🤔

Let's see, in those 4 games bowlcut lost 2 times to Bama, once to AU and once to LSU. He avenged the loss to AU to win the SEC, lost an SEC and a NC to Bama and an SEC to LSU. I'd give damn near anything to have us at least play in any of those 4 games. We can hate those curs all we want but they have gotten to exactly where we want to be. This class is a dayum good start to getting there.
Of course we want to get to those games. That wasn't the point. The point is people remember those 4 games he lost mainly because of the way they were lost.

This is true but if Kirby can follow that same trajectory, he might get one. 6th year for Fulmer I believe? Correct me if I’m off on that one. No doubt Kirby will only be judged on that one stat tho.

Big lurker here. I love your contributions so please keep them coming. Only argument is Fulmer had Cut, and that made the difference. Kirby is resistant to give that control. Maybe he’ll learn, but I’m guessing it’s his downfall in the end.

Let's see, in those 4 games bowlcut lost 2 times to Bama, once to AU and once to LSU. He avenged the loss to AU to win the SEC, lost an SEC and a NC to Bama and an SEC to LSU. I'd give damn near anything to have us at least play in any of those 4 games. We can hate those curs all we want but they have gotten to exactly where we want to be. This class is a dayum good start to getting there.
Not exactly. If we're getting that far I'm wanting the whole damn shebang. Getting there is nice, but if you keep blowing it....

Reactions: HouseDividedVol
Why? Why do you have to come in here and talk about KS? You know we are not going to give him any credit for anything? Maybe not if he does actually win a NC because he should with the talent he has.
I didn’t, he brought him up. :) He said he did terrible against equal talent, I just stated his record, for the record. :)
Think the playoffs extend to 8 in 2022.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Big lurker here. I love your contributions so please keep them coming. Only argument is Fulmer had Cut, and that made the difference. Kirby is resistant to give that control. Maybe he’ll learn, but I’m guessing it’s his downfall in the end.

He’s literally Jones with Richt results and talent. If he doesent learn to let go he’ll never get where Ga should be in all honesty.

He needs to worry about getting a good OC first. Coley isn't the answer. Personally hoping Kirby keeps him.

He needs to worry about getting a good OC first. Coley isn't the answer. Personally hoping Kirby keeps him.

He should have been fired 5 minutes after the Championship game. If they get someone who’s innovative and fresh they’d be locks for the title game for years. Kirby won’t do that though because Kirby has to control everything

Good point, I might be in the minority here, might not be, but I think Cut is one of the most underrated coaches in this era. Won at OM (the right way) and has won at Duke. Good coaches do adjust, we will see if he changes anything after the bowl game.

He should have been fired 5 minutes after the Championship game. If they get someone who’s innovative and fresh they’d be locks for the title game for years. Kirby won’t do that though because Kirby has to control everything
Only Kirby would have an OC that never played a single down of CFB:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back