'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will finish 4-8. Will Muschamp be gone ?
I would bet no. Mainly because he's got s crutch to lean on in schedule difficulty and the UGA win. Plus there isn't really anyone out there to go get. Arkansas and FSU are in a tough spot. If they aren't careful they can turn their programs into an even worse tailspin than they were already in. If they didn't already have a plan before they fired their coaches they better get one quick.

That being said I think a lot of these potential firings hinge in what Gus does. I don't think Auburn will fire him but if he gets a wild hair and loads the bus for Arkansas I think that could ignite some more action.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Tanner has already said he's bringing Muschamp back. I don't think Tanner will be AD there for much longer. Only good hire he has made was Staley for WBB. The football program has sunk down back to mediocrity along with the baseball program.

I understand he had a difficult schedule this year but he lost a lot of games this year that he had no business losing. This was his most experienced and talented team he has had since he's been there. No excuses. He's just not a good HC.....never has been.

Tanner has already said he's bringing Muschamp back. I don't think Tanner will be AD there for much longer. Only good hire he has made was Staley for WBB. The football program has sunk down back to mediocrity along with the baseball program.

I understand he had a difficult schedule this year but he lost a lot of games this year that he had no business losing. This was his most experienced and talented team he has had since he's been there. No excuses. He's just not a good HC.....never has been.

SC is in a spot tho. Its not like they can just fire WM and know they are going to go hire a lot better coach.
UGA isnt going anywhere, UF is on the way back up. UT is even making some steps back. You re not going to out recruit those 3 at SC. And then you have Clemson.

My SC alum friend said it best "Spurrier ruined us in football"

SC is in a spot tho. Its not like they can just fire WM and know they are going to go hire a lot better coach.
UGA isnt going anywhere, UF is on the way back up. UT is even making some steps back. You re not going to out recruit those 3 at SC.

My SC alum friend said it best "Spurrier ruined us in football"
the thing that got me is that he gets the "vote of confidence" before the clemson game.

they're going to get their doors blown off. fans will be either apathetic as all get out or super pissed. either way, not good for anyone in the football program.

they're kinda stuck in that same purgatory we were with Jones after the 2016 season. though the results weren't the same, there was a growing sentiment that everyone knew how that was going end, yet there was no realistic way for to end NOW.

kinda feel the same way about USCe. and i'm really, really glad that shoe is on their foot now...........

Reactions: Orange Swagger

Did he? I just saw that he said, "Muschamp will be my coach through the rest of the season..." and it seemed left open-ended at that point. Doesn't mean he didn't say he was bringing him back, I just never read anything more definitive.

the thing that got me is that he gets the "vote of confidence" before the clemson game.

they're going to get their doors blown off. fans will be either apathetic as all get out or super pissed. either way, not good for anyone in the football program.

they're kinda stuck in that same purgatory we were with Jones after the 2016 season. though the results weren't the same, there was a growing sentiment that everyone knew how that was going end, yet there was no realistic way for to end NOW.

kinda feel the same way about USCe. and i'm really, really glad that shoe is on their foot now...........
Tanner is getting a lot of heat and its not all from football. It sounds like its getting to him and he has started getting defensive about it.

Yeah, they re gonna get hammered. Its not going to put out the flame, but the only good part is they know its coming.

My buddy told me last nite he wouldn't mind seeing WM go he has earned the right to be removed, but quickly followed that up with "I have no idea who we could get".

Yep, been there and done that. Rather not do it again for awhile.

Did he? I just saw that he said, "Muschamp will be my coach through the rest of the season..." and it seemed left open-ended at that point. Doesn't mean he didn't say he was bringing him back, I just never read anything more definitive.
Its an interesting situation.

WM has done enough to get fired.
Tanner is not in good standing either.
WM has a massive buyout which falls back on Tanner
SC doesn't want to buy him out but is getting more heat from the fans by the day.

I don't think either survives long term. The question today is are you ready to fire both, because I think thats what it comes down to.

Reactions: supersmo18
Bruh I know. I said I was at the game lol. The refs stopping the game for no reason when we went into wildcat on the goal line was way worse than that
Generally, you've got a much better view on TV than at games, so I'm going to assume being at the game, impaired your appreciation for that holding and the later blocking in the endzone which DIRECTLY lead to two UF touchdowns (not we might of scored if...). The Wildcat thing was BS for sure, but I've seen officials particularly Ron Cherry of the ACC do that at least a dozen times over the years where he stops the game for no reason, I've NEVER seen a holding that egregious as above. He literally held him for 45 yards.

Its an interesting situation.

WM has done enough to get fired.
Tanner is not in good standing either.
WM has a massive buyout which falls back on Tanner
SC doesn't want to buy him out but is getting more heat from the fans by the day.

I don't think either survives long term. The question today is are you ready to fire both, because I think thats what it comes down to.
Yep. Idk that many will want to come to Carolina under an AD that is likely otw out. It’s like letting Hamilton hire Dooley after the Kiffin fiasco. Carolina should get rid of Tanner before searching for a coach. But I’m fine with them being stupid like we were years ago. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back