'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to learn the different emojis from different posters.. is this the
"He was going to commit but instead will go to Ky", symbol?

Cause that'll suck.
Think it's the he told someone I know that Tennessee leads, but we will have to wait and see because he could be like JR emoji.

Think it's the he told someone I know that Tennessee leads, but we will have to wait and see because he could be like JR emoji.
Yeah, I'm just messing with @OLB19_76 but I honestly don't know what he is trying to convey.
That could mean anything from "likes TN" to "ready to commit".

Not like a Boom emoji. So much gray area with just a smile, I'm not gonna bother until we get a history to work with.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah, I'm just messing with @OLB19_76 but I honestly don't know what he is trying to convey.
That could mean anything from "likes TN" to "ready to commit".

Not like a Boom emoji. So much gray area with just a smile, I'm not gonna bother until we get a history to work with.
Right. I just took it something positive may be happening.

A big time prospect who seems to have Alabama and Georgia at the top of his list. Sheesh.
Still don’t think UGA gets both Gilbert and Washington, I do think one ends up at Georgia. Both are athletic freaks but honestly the most true TE in this class in Theo Johnson, more of an in-line TE but flexible enough to be the move TE as well. Both Gilbert and Washington are more the move type, the pass catching TEs but both are plenty big enough to block on ends. Best TE class in awhile and I didn’t even mention Conyers or Mayer who I both like as well.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
Still don’t think UGA gets both Gilbert and Washington, I do think one ends up at Georgia. Both are athletic freaks but honestly the most true TE in this class in Theo Johnson, more of an in-line TE but flexible enough to be the move TE as well. Both Gilbert and Washington are more the move type, the pass catching TEs but both are plenty big enough to block on ends. Best TE class in awhile and I didn’t even mention Conyers or Mayer who I both like as well.

You think it's fair to say one ends up at UGA and one at UT? Or Bama a player here?

Reactions: Waylon11
You think it's fair to say one ends up at UGA and one at UT? Or Bama a player here?
Bama is a player but one of them could absolutely end up at TN. TN is strictly recruiting the WR position to Gilbert. Chaney did not do a good job with TE’s at UGA, so smart move by TN even tho TE is where he would play at TN.

Bama is a player but one of them could absolutely end up at TN. TN is strictly recruiting the WR position to Gilbert. Chaney did not do a good job with TE’s at UGA, so smart move by TN even tho TE is where he would play at TN.
Wait...you're saying they are telling him he will play WR even though he will play TE?

Reactions: jakez4ut

Eh... its too easy to point at Michael Rivera and Hunter Henry to counter that.

That dude with the wrestling tats torched us in the Hail Mary game. I think Fromm was more comfortable throwing to his WRs than the TEs over the middle. I don’t think it was Chaney neglecting the TEs or anything like that.

To be fair, that's how I'd use Gilbert anyway. Split out or on passing downs. The kids we got last year are more traditional TEs.

Well, maybe they're telling him WR so they can tell Washington TE.
Yep, ‘crootin. Agree with Ben above, both those guys are nightmares if you split them out. Obvious size advantage for both but both have very unique speed for their size. I normally don’t compare TEs to Gronk, but both kinda resemble him, don’t they?

Pretty sure that is not the case. We are recruiting him just as you guys are - a TE that can flex out based on certain match-ups similar to OJ Howard and Irv Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back