'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What all happened with GV during that fiasco. Did LSU cut ties with him after that? Saw him post something a few days back
he posted something on here alluding to the Jarett committment coming to LSU....LSU fans started posting screen shots and retweeting his posts here, and really kinda slammed him for it. it wasn't a huge deal, but they made it one. so LSU cut ties. he was on contract with them, not a full time employee or anything, but still. kinda shi**y way to be...sucked for him, he does a good job.

i've seen him posting a little bit again....so i think he's still around. i'm sure he'll be back up and running somewhere soon.

I've seen a few posts from him. Tough pill to swallow, and maybe a rough lesson learned. A guy that talented won't have to worry about a job, I would think.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Hey all. Y'all pretty much got the gist of it. Serious lapse in judgement (and a misestimation of the lurkers on this forum) on my part, and I paid the price for it. Lesson learned, moving on. This was just a contracted side-gig, so I still have my full-time job and my work with Tulane. Thanks for all the well-wishes!

Last edited:
Hey all. Y'all pretty much got the gist of it. Serious lapse in judgement (and a misestimation of the lurkers on this forum) on my part, and I payed the price for it. Lesson learned, moving on. This was just a contracted side-gig, so I still have my full-time job and my work with Tulane. Thanks for all the well-wishes!
Best to you Geaux Vols! Sometimes these lessons work out for the best. Glad to have you back.

Hey all. Y'all pretty much got the gist of it. Serious lapse in judgement (and a misestimation of the lurkers on this forum) on my part, and I payed the price for it. Lesson learned, moving on. This was just a contracted side-gig, so I still have my full-time job and my work with Tulane. Thanks for all the well-wishes!
Glad your back... wish there was a way you could pick up the side gig for UT...

Yeah, will have to keep it a little closer to the vest but it was still a d**k move on the lurkers part. You didn't hurt a thing. Congrats on the full time gig though!!

Ranking tight ends in the top 10 is difficult to do because it’s not a premium position, but five-star
Darnell Washington is such a rare and unique athlete that after the entire team of analysts sees him at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge presented by adidas this summer it’s going to be tough to keep him lower on the list. I understand the trepidation about ranking a tight end that high, but Washington is incredibly gifted as a pass-catcher, he’s impossible to defend because of his size and projecting him out four or five years, NFL teams are going to love the mix of his athleticism and his playmaking ability. After the summer, I could easily see a case to be made that Washington should be considered among the top 10 players in this class.
Rivals

Tennessee remains heavily in the mix for Las Vegas (NV) Desert Pines tight end Darnell Washington heading into the summer.

The five-star prospect released a top 12 late last month and included the Vols, and his assistant coach, David Hill, tells me the program is higher than that and probably among his top four or five.

"He loves Brian Niedermeyer and has a great relationship there," Hill said.

As things stand now, it sounds like Alabama and Georgia are the two programs leading the way for the big-time athlete. Fresh off a round of visits that included stops at Florida State, Auburn and Alabama earlier this month, Washington is scheduled to head back to the South for another look at LSU this coming Tuesday.

In terms of official visits, Washington has locked in Georgia for the Notre Dame game the weekend of Sept. 21 and Alabama on the weekend of Nov. 9 for the LSU game. Tennessee and Miami will also get officials at dates to be determined, Hill said, leaving one open slot before Washington announces his choice in early 2020 at the Under Armour All-America Game in Orlando, Fla.

-Blair Angulo, 247

"He loves Brian Niedermeyer and has a great relationship there," Hill said.

t9bScLe.gif

If we were to believe a lot of recruiting services last year, HT was going to end up at Bama or stay on the west coast and go to Washington. Hell we can’t even keep a good idea what’s going on with guys in our region right now.

Idk wtf Pruitt is selling but a lot of sentiment seems to be changing with a ton of these kids coming out of camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back