‘23 NV RB Will Stallings

bradley_ifv_31.jpg

Have to hope with his size that he's the short yardage conversion back that every team wants to have. Get down to the goal line and just let him beast it in. He doesn't have to gain a lot of yards, just those precious yards.
What did you think of his video? He actually made some nice, quick jukes and has really good speed for a big guy. By the time he's been in the S&C program a few months and has worked on some agility drills... he could be a really good every down back.

I may be a little more excited about him than some others.

Good kid. I think that’s the main thing is he’s going to be a good person in the locker room. He’s versatile could be a RB or Lb here for us. Feels a little like we struck out a few times and ended up here at the position.

Good kid. I think that’s the main thing is he’s going to be a good person in the locker room. He’s versatile could be a RB or Lb here for us. Feels a little like we struck out a few times and ended up here at the position.
I think we're still pursuing other RBs, but with the lifting of the 25 cap saw an opportunity to add a true bruiser to our backfield for short yardage and goal line. I wouldn't say we've "struck out a few times".

What did you think of his video? He actually made some nice, quick jukes and has really good speed for a big guy. By the time he's been in the S&C program a few months and has worked on some agility drills... he could be a really good every down back.

I may be a little more excited about him than some others.
He has a lot to work with.
Very underrated talent.

I think we're still pursuing other RBs, but with the lifting of the 25 cap saw an opportunity to add a true bruiser to our backfield for short yardage and goal line. I wouldn't say we've "struck out a few times".

people keep forgetting that 25 cap it seems.

its a good pickup regardless.

Definitely seems like a great influence to have around the team. Very grounded, humble, and hard-working. As for his actual talent, I really question his speed. He seems to get caught from behind, a lot. Same issues I had with L. Whitehead playing RB. Those are the kind of guys who can get you 4 yds, but aren't likely to get 40 yds. Like Whitehead, I may end up preferring to see Stallings at LB. Maybe he's more open to the idea than LW was/is.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Definitely seems like a great influence to have around the team. Very grounded, humble, and hard-working. As for his actual talent, I really question his speed. He seems to get caught from behind, a lot. Same issues I had with L. Whitehead playing RB. Those are the kind of guys who can get you 4 yds, but aren't likely to get 40 yds. Like Whitehead, I may end up preferring to see Stallings at LB. Maybe he's more open to the idea than LW was/is.

but we already have so many others with a different style. Its good to have a mix.

I don’t want to come off as dismissive of the kid. He seems like a high character kid and you’re absolutely correct on the cap. I just wonder if we landed Cobb and a talent like Seldon that can play all over the field if we would use a third spot on another RB?

Automatic 4 yards is underrated. That’s another weapon for 3rd down. I think this guy has enough speed to be effective. True north&south back which can play a vital role in this offense.

Automatic 4 yards is underrated. That’s another weapon for 3rd down. I think this guy has enough speed to be effective. True north&south back which can play a vital role in this offense.
He seems to be a fine player. Just not a dynamic back, which isn't a knock on him. He's similarly built to Justin Williams-Thomas, but just a seemingly slower version. There's certainly a place for him and if he's the worst skill-position player in our class, no one will even care.

Reactions: dcm3w
He seems to be a fine player. Just not a dynamic back, which isn't a knock on him. He's similarly built to Justin Williams-Thomas, but just a seemingly slower version. There's certainly a place for him and if he's the worst skill-position player in our class, no one will even care.
He's 20 pounds heavier than JWT going into their senior years. This kid can easily become a 230 pound sledgehammer.

VN Store

Back