‘23 NV RB Will Stallings

We know about this guy, but there must be a flip happening behind the scenes. The guy was just at Kentucky hyping it up last weekend.
Dante Dowdell is committed to Oregon and there is some chatter there too. He is out of MS so staying closer to home might be a better option for him. Interesting times for sure.
One thing we do know is winning makes recruiting easier!!

Go Vols!!

I had the pleasure of watching that 8 TD game he had in person.

He's a monster for high school.
Definitely still going to be hard to deal with in the SEC too.
I still think Keith is a touch more athletic, with breakaway speed to boot at 220 lbs.
Definitely wanted both of them in this Heupel offense!

I wonder if we don't get Keith, then who do we go after?
If AP is correct on Stallings, then they must have someone already in the boat.

I'd love a RB class of Keith, Dowdell, and a good transfer.
Finally someone agrees that it would be huge to get a transfer running back. The three keys to helping Joe Milton next season:

1. When games are in control get Milton playing time.

2. A dominant running game.

3. An overall better defense.

Last edited:
Finally someone agrees that it would be huge to get a transfer running back. The three keys to helping Joe Nico next season:

1. When games are in control get Nico playing.

4.) Let Nico be a facilitator until he's more comfortable to air it out.

Agreed👍💯

Finally someone agrees that it would be huge to get a transfer running back. The three keys to helping Joe Milton next season:

1. When games are in control get Milton playing time.

Nico is awfully thin. Given this offense’s reliance on a running QB, I really hope Milton is all that we think he can be next season, has a great year, and Nico takes a redshirt year to get bigger and better. He needs to be able to take some hits. At his height, he needs to get to about 220 or so. Tayven can serve as a fine backup.

It'll be hard to get a good transfer. The top transfers will want to be a starter and we have Jabari and Jaylen coming back. We could also see Dylan Sampson put up some decent numbers in the second half of the season.

Jahmir Gibbs chose Bama over Tennessee and others.

It'll be hard to get a good transfer. The top transfers will want to be a starter and we have Jabari and Jaylen coming back. We could also see Dylan Sampson put up some decent numbers in the second half of the season.
Oh, I thought it was Jabari’s last year.

Bama didn't have a starter coming back, and the rest of the RB's on their roster didn't have much playing time. He was always brought in to be the starter.

Sure he was. But do you really think that the RBs on Bama's roster behind Gibbs aren't more talented than the ones on UT's roster? Trey Sanders was a 5*, #1 RB in his class. Roydell Williams was a 4*, #9 RB in his class. Jase McClellan was a 4*, #6 RB in his class. Tennessee doesn't have near that kind of talent in our RB room.

When we lose a guy like Gibbs to Bama, it's because Bama is awesome. When we become awesome, then we can't get top RBs because the competition is too much. The excuses seem to be shifting.

Let's put it this way...if there is a Jahmir Gibbs or Zach Evans in the portal next year, he's not avoiding Tennessee because of Jabari Small or Jaylen Wright. Love those guys, but they're not scaring anyone away.

Sure he was. But do you really think that the RBs on Bama's roster behind Gibbs aren't more talented than the ones on UT's roster? Trey Sanders was a 5*, #1 RB in his class. Roydell Williams was a 4*, #9 RB in his class. Jase McClellan was a 4*, #6 RB in his class. Tennessee doesn't have near that kind of talent in our RB room.

When we lose a guy like Gibbs to Bama, it's because Bama is awesome. When we become awesome, then we can't get top RBs because the competition is too much. The excuses seem to be shifting.

Let's put it this way...if there is a Jahmir Gibbs or Zach Evans in the portal next year, he's not avoiding Tennessee because of Jabari Small or Jaylen Wright. Love those guys, but they're not scaring anyone away.
It has nothing to do with someone being scared. Jabari Small is a 2 year starter now. Top backs will want to go somewhere and showcase their talents as a starter on a winning team. No matter how good they are, the best case scenario for anyone is 1b if they come here. We can't gauge this on former high school rankings. Name me some starters on a bad to middle of the road team, that are not draft eligible and would definitively beat out Jabari Small as the starter next season. Oh... and Ole Miss lost their top 3 backs from last season if we're going to use Zach Evans as an example. These are not excuses. It's the reality of college football and our current roster. If anything, Sampson will beat out Jaylen Wright as the #2 next season.

Last edited:
Nico is awfully thin. Given this offense’s reliance on a running QB, I really hope Milton is all that we think he can be next season, has a great year, and Nico takes a redshirt year to get bigger and better. He needs to be able to take some hits. At his height, he needs to get to about 220 or so. Tayven can serve as a fine backup.

Trevor Lawrence was thin as well. Nico can bulk up. Also, you are assuming we need the QB to run. I am not sold on that, especially when you have a guy that has the arm talent of Nico. I really like Hooker, beat let’s face facts, he doesn’t possess the arm talent of Nico.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back