Number Eleven

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
Earnestly, I want Tennessee's football program to reserve #11 for truly exceptional place kickers. The kick is up, and it's good!
900_fieldgoal.jpg

Yes, when Tennessee has a place kicker who is Mister (or Miz) automatic, that player deserves to wear #11. Imagine, our kicker comes out onto the field, and Tennessee fans all raise their arms to make #11. Gives ya chills, doesn't it?

Are you with me? Will you petition Fulmer & the coaching staff?

Earnestly, I want Tennessee's football program to reserve #11 for truly exceptional place kickers. The kick is up, and it's good!
900_fieldgoal.jpg

Yes, when Tennessee has a place kicker who is Mister (or Miz) automatic, that player deserves to wear #11. Imagine, our kicker comes out onto the field, and Tennessee fans all raise their arms to make #11. Gives ya chills, doesn't it?

I'd prefer the No. 11 we now have keep his number as long as he wants it

900_fieldgoal.jpg

I like it !!!

Only thing, can we wait until the current number 11 has graduated ???...LOL

Does anyone know why we always have great kickers. Starting with Fuad Reveiz in the 80s we have had just a whose who of All American kickers. Jeff Hall, James Wilhoit, Becksvoort, Walls, and of course the Colquitts. Now with Cimaglia. Are we Punter U? Are we THE destination for kickers? It kind of feels like it.

Does anyone know why we always have great kickers. Starting with Fuad Reveiz in the 80s we have had just a whose who of All American kickers. Jeff Hall, James Wilhoit, Becksvoort, Walls, and of course the Colquitts. Now with Cimaglia. Are we Punter U? Are we THE destination for kickers? It kind of feels like it.
Great kickers and punters are all fine and good I would prefer to not need them to be great cause that means the offense is doing what they are sposed to... scoring TDs!

I'd prefer the No. 11 we now have keep his number as long as he wants it
I like it !!!

Only thing, can we wait until the current number 11 has graduated ???...LOL

You guys remind me of old men jockeying in the restroom as the beers they were drinking make increasing urgent their need to pass through... Of course, the current #11 would keep it until his time with the Vols is done.

Waste of a good number on kickers. Plenty of skilled players/recruits that would want #11.
That may be why they don’t reserve the number for outstanding PKs. Most of today’s recruits aren’t likely to be fans of Spinal Tap, though... These go to eleven.

Reactions: vols72

VN Store

Back