Now that CJP is believed to be staying.... [wins next year]

If the investigation reveals any kind of level 1, level 2, or multiple level 3 violations and he's not fired with cause at that point, you know we are going to keep him next year regardless of record. Because he lost 7 games this year in historic fashion and allowed every top player in Tennessee to be raided by our rivals. His job performance is an absolute failure. With NCAA violations noted prior, his buyout is 0. We can move on scot free. There's absolutely no excuse to keep him at that point unless the admin is just so apathetic about football that it's not remotely a priority.
Read Deerpark12’s posts the last two or three days.

with the spotty improvements we have seen this year and the demise of JG, I think we can get 9 wins. That means we are second tier SEC but it's better than cellar dweller.

i think save his first season, he has to be at least a game over .500 to keep his job. means at 11-12 over the last 2 years, he'd have to finish +2 at the end of next season or he's likely toast. meaning 7-5 or better!

If ticket sales represent 34 million a year as has been posted on here (I’m to lazy to verify that so I’m going with it) and we we’re down 75% due to Covid. That means we’re down 25,500,000 this year. The buyout for CJP and staff has been reported to be 22 million with half due immediately (lazy and going with it) That means attendance would need to be down roughly 34 percent next year for that decision to be revenue neutral. There’s just no way attendance falls to that level next year.
So if you have an administration that doesn’t care about winning and just cares about the numbers It becomes obvious why CJP isn’t getting fired.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
If ticket sales represent 34 million a year as has been posted on here (I’m to lazy to verify that so I’m going with it) and we we’re down 75% due to Covid. That means we’re down 25,500,000 this year. The buyout for CJP and staff has been reported to be 22 million with half due immediately (lazy and going with it) That means attendance would need to be down roughly 34 percent next year for that decision to be revenue neutral. There’s just no way attendance falls to that level next year.
So if you have an administration that doesn’t care about winning and just cares about the numbers It becomes obvious why CJP isn’t getting fired.
I wonder, I think attendance will be down significantly. First, the on field product is bad and secondly, the financial ramifications of the virus for fans. Another reason, fan apathy. Nothing like spending several thousand dollars each year to witness poor coaching, lack of effort and blow outs. No thank you.

I wonder, I think attendance will be down significantly. First, the on field product is bad and secondly, the financial ramifications of the virus for fans. Another reason, fan apathy. Nothing like spending several thousand dollars each year to witness poor coaching, lack of effort and blow outs. No thank you.
I think it will be down too. But I think the administration is playing bean count games and keeping CJP is not as harmful to the bean count as letting him go.

Get outta here with yore maths and higher level thinking. It isn’t appreciated in these parts.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I'm thinking a 6 win season at best. With Phil not having a sack and nuts, we will retain Pruitt and give him a 10 year contract extension with a 45 million dollar buy out. The press conference will be filled with stupid Pruitt comments and Phil regurgitating the working like heck phrase at least 12 to 15 times. The fan base will be confused and once again asking why not Gruden?

I understand about this season.......but:

Bowling Green
Pitt (6-5 this year)
South Bama (4-7)
Kentucky
Missouri
Mississippi (4-5)
SC (fired coach)
Vandy (fired coach)

If Tennessee can’t pick up some wins next year.........they should just tap out.

4 wins shouldn’t make anyone happy........not saying the schedule is easy, or Tennessee is good.......cause they aren’t........but that schedule is much easier than this year.
I'll give you BG, SA and Vandy, The others will be toss ups. If our D doesn't improve Ole Miss will throw for 600 yards on us. Ky And Missouri are improved and KY kicked our a** this year. Don't get me wrong I hope we win 8 or 9 games but it is what it is with the Vols.

How many wins saves his job next year?

Try to remember this isn’t what the fans think should be the number. I think 9 should be the floor. This is what we think the university will actually require. This goes beyond Fulmer. I believe the administration simply doesn’t care. I think my university is so inept and cares so little about winning that 7 and maybe even 6 gives us another year of CJP.

And the garbage continues.

What do wins have to do with UT football?

If he makes a bowl game he stays. Welcome to the same expectations as Vandy and Northwestern. Actually lower than Northwestern because Fitz can coach.

I'll give you BG, SA and Vandy, The others will be toss ups. If our D doesn't improve Ole Miss will throw for 600 yards on us. Ky And Missouri are improved and KY kicked our a** this year. Don't get me wrong I hope we win 8 or 9 games but it is what it is with the Vols.

Yea......right now Tennessee could lose ANY game......seriously (not they “would”....but “could”).

What I’m saying is NO ONE should be happy to win 4 games next year.......the schedule is not “hard.”

Pruitt “should” have to win like 8 to keep his job and be competitive in the others.

Yea......right now Tennessee could lose ANY game......seriously (not they “would”....but “could”).

What I’m saying is NO ONE should be happy to win 4 games next year.......the schedule is not “hard.”

Pruitt “should” have to win like 8 to keep his job and be competitive in the others.

More than likely he only wins 5 next year and no bowl game.

More than likely he only wins 5 next year and no bowl game.

I could certainly see that.......but I really think Tennessee will win 6 or so......then people will be all happy and be like dang Pruitt is getting it done and he stays.

5, 6 or even 7 next year will not be good.......and he should be gone.

Hopefully he’ll be gone beforehand.....then we won’t have to worry.

however people need to get ready.....if he stays and does any better than this year there will be folks claiming how far Tennessee and Pruitt has progressed.

Tennessee will certainly be better. Easier schedule, this year was worst in my lifetime (hard to get worse), and a different QB which will help things.

He's only fired next season if it's a losing season. He'd have to win at least 9 games for me to have any sort of confidence about his future.

How many wins saves his job next year?

Try to remember this isn’t what the fans think should be the number. I think 9 should be the floor. This is what we think the university will actually require. This goes beyond Fulmer. I believe the administration simply doesn’t care. I think my university is so inept and cares so little about winning that 7 and maybe even 6 gives us another year of CJP.

And the garbage continues.
As long as he makes it to any bowl game then he will be the coach in 2022.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back