Now it's Tim Banks for DC?

Just realized if Coach spelled his name like you do it'd be a heck of alot easier for me, a mere simpleton, to pronounce it .... Dangit !!
i am going to just use new coach until I see evidence that convinces me that he will be head coach any longer than the last clowns.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I didn’t really want to say this but since you brought it up. Does anyone else get the feeling that AD White wants this to be about him being able to find the next great thing, that his reputation has been built upon thus far? I just feel like he has his hands all over Heupel’s staff.
I may be wrong and probably am, and hope I am but...
GBO!!
No one has a clue of what’s going on behind the scenes. This speculation that White and Heupel are clashing is the same thing that has been happening for several weeks, manufacturing a storyline.

No one has a clue of what’s going on behind the scenes. This speculation that White and Heupel are clashing is the same thing that has been happening for several weeks, manufacturing a storyline.
I’m in no way speculating that they are clashing. I am speculating that White may be calling the shots on Heupel’s staff. And you’re right, no one knows what’s going on, for all we know, the crazy conspiracy theorist are right and we’re wrong.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

It only takes 4 days for a manufactured storyline to become gospel on VolNation. Then it will be regurgitated as fact for the rest of time.

From what was posted in the RF, it sure sounds that way. It’s being thrown around that Heupel wants Conklin and that Conklin wants the job. Yet White wants Banks. If this turns out to be true then we are in no better shape than we were.
Because they're always right in the recruiting forum. The list of 4* and 5* guys that they said were going to commit to UT in this class alone would have our roster rivaling Bama. Instead, most of those guys will be suiting up for the Bulldogs next year.

Pretty sure the AD and his HC are yanking on the chains of those he referenced in his press conference re. spewing negative stuff in public settings. It seems to be working, as many are embarrassing themselves repeatedly with senseless posts about every name that gets floated out there... some of these contacts have to be just qualifying the interest level in the job in advance of discussions about compatibility if that were to come into play.
Is it smart to p!$$ off the media that is covering you? It didn’t work out very well for Trump. The media has very little integrity these days and can make it very tough on someone, if it fits in their agenda.
To keep saying they are falsely floating name after name out there, to make the media look bad is crazy. Because honestly all it’s doing is making the administration, program and head coach look bad. Do you think anyone really cares if Jimmy Hyams is wrong in reporting that coach X is being considered, when in reality he’s not? No, but it makes the AD, program and head coach look bad, because it ultimately comes across as another coach turning us down.
I just feel like this AD came in here with a chip on his shoulder and he’s playing with fire and he is certainly underestimating the Tennessee fan base.
GBO!!

It only takes 4 days for a manufactured storyline to become gospel on VolNation. Then it will be regurgitated as fact for the rest of time.
And a lot of times things are twisted to become something they are not intended to be. I never insinuated that White and Heupel were clashing, not once. But now that I have been accused of doing so, that has become the narrative because few will go back and read the previous posts. What I was insinuating is that White is pulling the strings on this coaching staff, not Heupel. Whether someone wants to take that as gospel is their problem. I’m throwing out thoughts on a message board, during one of the weirdest “coaching cycles” we’ve ever endured on Volnation. Nothing less, nothing more.
GBO!!

Because they're always right in the recruiting forum. The list of 4* and 5* guys that they said were going to commit to UT in this class alone would have our roster rivaling Bama. Instead, most of those guys will be suiting up for the Bulldogs next year.

It's more fun in the RF.

It’s Volnation, believe nothing and assume everything! It’s what we do.
GBO!!

That worked perfectly to derail Schiano - poor man believed he was already hired but Volnation refused to believe it and made that nightmare go away! Ok - to be fair only to be replaced by another nightmare, but who could have known. At least we tried our best. :cool:

Is it smart to p!$$ off the media that is covering you? It didn’t work out very well for Trump. The media has very little integrity these days and can make it very tough on someone, if it fits in their agenda.
To keep saying they are falsely floating name after name out there, to make the media look bad is crazy. Because honestly all it’s doing is making the administration, program and head coach look bad. Do you think anyone really cares if Jimmy Hyams is wrong in reporting that coach X is being considered, when in reality he’s not? No, but it makes the AD, program and head coach look bad, because it ultimately comes across as another coach turning us down.
I just feel like this AD came in here with a chip on his shoulder and he’s playing with fire and he is certainly underestimating the Tennessee fan base.
GBO!!

Quietly cutting off leaks and managing your message competently is not the same thing as deliberately getting into a war of words with people who buy ink by the barrel.

Media gonna talk ish and write some kind of story regardless, because their business is headlines. The AD appears to be on task, though it may not be on Pat Forde’s timeline. As you can see, it didn’t stop him writing negative stories to attract our eyeballs.

GBO!!

He is only underwhelming the small portion of the fanbase he chastised for putting crap out in public sites. BTW that is the only group I referenced, have not addressed the media folks at all. They seem to be learning how tight a ship DW runs and are embarrassing themselves a lot less than the loose cannon fans. However, I can think of only a few media types that would be missed if they got out of the flow of information altogether. Some will eventually gain DW and JH trust and be rewarded with inner circle status. The rest will return to their old click bait methods.

VN Store

Back