Notes from Wednesday's scrimmage

not those who were out due to contact tracing and received negative tests. just those who tested positive. here's to hoping that number stays low. although in the national press, ut is not looking too good as a student body trying to mitigate infection/spread.

the sports programs however are like model communities on how to deal with it ($). but the coaches can't control every individual in the town who comes into contact with the players.
Thanks for the clarification. I could have sworn I read somewhere or heard that even those who are out due to contact tracing had to quarantine 14 days as well. So what is the time period for those out due to contact tracing? Do they just wait until their next test and if its negative they're cleared to return to practice?

I wonder how much of the DL criticism is due to the size, strength and experience of the OL? As last year progressed the DL improved game to game, opponents really didn't overpower or run over the DL. I am interested to hear about how the ILB and OLB are progressing over all.

GBO
I honestly think our OL is just that good.

Thanks for the clarification. I could have sworn I read somewhere or heard that even those who are out due to contact tracing had to quarantine 14 days as well. So what is the time period for those out due to contact tracing? Do they just wait until their next test and if its negative they're cleared to return to practice?

I know some, if you don't have symptoms or the virus, and do NOT have a positive test, are only required to quarantine ten days.

I know some, if you don't have symptoms or the virus, and do NOT have a positive test, are only required to quarantine ten days.
Not sure if that works with the timeframe we're seeing current players return though according to reports but guess we don't know exactly which days they started sitting out either.

As much as I am excited about them playing, it is worrisome that each week we could be down any number of starters as are our competition. I don’t even know how to grade the coaches as this will be a very unique season.

Have they said much about how Elijah Simmons is progressing? I haven’t heard his name mentioned recently, but may have missed it. I was hoping he would eventually be a factor on the DL.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Have they said much about how Elijah Simmons is progressing? I haven’t heard his name mentioned recently, but may have missed it. I was hoping he would eventually be a factor on the DL.
Won’t factor in until next year

Tennessee did get a good portion of their kids back today including Wanya Morris and Cade Mays. I continue to hear good things about Javontez Spraggins who has stepped up with so many out. Spraggins is raw but he is powerful.
-In the running game, Ty Chandler continues to shine.

😁🤤🤤🤤..........Sweet baby Jesus, Im all for the rapture and coming home at any moment. But if by chance you're going to continue this grace period until Dec. as more souls are saved, any help you can give NCAA with making the obvious, correct decision regarding Mays would be appreciated. Amen.

And Amen!

Reactions: NATHAN05

VN Store

Back